New Stunt People Film "Rise And Fail" (prev. "Death Grip") Finishes Production

stuntpeople

stuntpeople

I'll start by saying Beat Down Boogie belonged to the director of Dogs of Chinatown Micah Moore. We decided to have the Law character in it, but Law was to be one of many characters in the whole thing, so it wouldn't be a sequel necessarily. Anyway I'm not sure exactly what happened to the project but the funding wasn't there, I do know that!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Authoring complete. Looks like it'll be available July 1st.:tongue:

So pumped for this.

http://ericjacobus.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/death-grip-authoring-complete-special-update-on-special-features/

Death Grip Authoring Complete – Special Update on Special Features

This weekend I spent about 48 hours finishing up the Death Grip behind-the-scenes featurette The Life of Death Grip, which clocked in at 75 minutes. I also finished authoring the DVD and the Blu Ray masters and shipped them off to Signature Media this morning. If all goes as planned, we’ll have 2000 DVDs and 1000 Blu Rays to sell at our June 30th Theatrical Premiere. We’ll also have shirts. And if you’re in California, please come to the premiere. You’ll like this film, I promise.

I made the cover art after I finished the BD and DVD masters, so I ended up squeezing more onto the discs than it actually says on the artwork itself! So here’s an updated list of special features:

Blu-Ray: Even though the printing company will only burn a single-layer Blu Ray disc, which limited us to about 2 hours of videos, this version still has its share of special features and I loaded it to the brim, utilizing almost all of the disc. All special features are in 1080p HD.

Full film in 1080p HD

Commentary with me and producer/co-star Rebecca Ahn

The Compound – a 13-minute short action film, from which we cut the old teaser for our IndieGOGO campaign to raise funds early on

A deleted fight with Johnny Yong Bosch, which was part of our IndieGOGO campaign

A deleted fight with Yun, which was reshot in favor of a longer fight

Bullet Time

Outtake Reel – 14 minutes of outtakes

Paper Pushers short film

2 small Easter eggs

DVD: This one’s a dual-layer disc, meaning it holds twice as much information as a regular DVD, but like any DVD it’s in standard resolution instead of the ultra-crisp 1080p you get in the Blu-Ray version. I used 5mbps VBR 2-pass encoding, and the film codec we shot on has a lot of bit depth, so it still looks damned good. I loaded this disc to the brim and had almost no space to spare from the 8.5 gigabytes available.

The Life of Death Grip – This will be the reason people might choose the DVD over or in addition to the Blu Ray. It’s a 75-minute behind the scenes look at all aspects ofDeath Grip, from casting Johnny Yong Bosch to budgeting, location scouting, and tons of making-of footage for the fight scenes in the film. Includes interviews with Johnny and two more industry pros, J. J. Perry and Shahar Sorek.

The Compound (same as above)

Outtakes (same as above)

The Art of Throwing – All the throwing outtakes from the film

Commentary with me and Rebecca (same as above)

Deleted fight with Johnny (same as above)

Deleted fight with Yun (same as above)

Deleted scene at a sushi restaurant

Deleted scene with Mark

Deleted segment of the end fight, which made Kenny out to be a little too ruthless

Deleted segment of the care home, which gives away too much of the film

Alternate car scene, which was funnier than we wanted at that point in the movie

Paper Pushers

Bullet-Time

Easter egg

Now we wait for the printers to get the shrink-wrapped units to us while we make the soundtrack CD for the donors, print Death Grip shirts, print new retro SP shirts (the “Our Pain Is Your Pleasure” ones), and attempt to get 800 people to our premiere.

The DVDs and BDs will be for sale at The Stunt People Store on or around July 1st.

Hey everyone, we have Death Grip DVDs and Blu Rays available at our online store at http://stuntpeoplestore.bigcartel.com. We showed it to a packed audience and they loved it, hope you will too :wink:

Wow....I can honestly say I've never heard of this. Any chance it'll be picked up on Netflix?

stuntpeople

There's a good chance. My last film Contour is on there (here), hopefully this will be too. If you want a sampling of the action in it, here's a knife fight from the film:

TuWMnZugFzU

kingofkungfu2002

I've got the Bluray on order too, apparently they're getting shipped on the 12th :smile:

Great movie. I haven't cared about what happens to a movies two leads that much in awhile. The action was also top notch, great falls. Everyone here should get a copy.

fingers crossed I can get this within the next three or four weeks! Has just come out at a really bad time:squigglemouth:

ShaOW!linDude

Be patient. I ran into the same ordeal when I ordered some stuff last year. Eric does the shipping himself but it's usually a Friday gig.

stuntpeople

This time around I'm gonna be better at shipping quicker, but right now I'm away at Comic-Con so I can't fulfill orders until Tuesday. Thanks guys!

kingofkungfu2002
how long did death grip take from shipping to arrival to the UK?

Mine took exactly 1 week.

Archived