New Stunt People Film "Rise And Fail" (prev. "Death Grip") Finishes Production

stuntpeople

Hey everyone, we have wrapped production on our film Rise And Fail (previously titled Death Grip) and I'm in post-production right now, with a rough cut on its way in time for the holidays. We took it to the American Film Market in November and received a very warm response and are now talking with some sales agents. We expect to sign soon, get this DVD/BD out there, and jump into the next project. We post behind-the-scenes videos regularly to our Rise And Fail blog, and I post tons of other updates at my Actionist blog.

Here's the latest trailer (no color correction yet). It's coming together very well, so thanks everyone for your commitment and I'll keep you updated with more!

gL4Y-sVbszo

390816_10150428816608670_661408669_8110576_1765423476_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Dude, that's fantastic news! I'm excited for you! The production values look really good. I'm impressed. It shows a lot of growth in your film-making. I can't wait to see this!!!

apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I just discovered that the stunt people have renamed the movie to its original title "death grip" and will be released next month in April.

http://riseandfail.wordpress.com/

Death Grip and The Raid within a month of each other, truly we are unworthy.

Death Grip and The Raid within a month of each other, truly we are unworthy.

when is the raid due to be released on DVD? May?

when is the raid due to be released on DVD? May?

DVD? not sure. Limited theatrical release March 23 wide release hopefully soon after.

DVD? not sure. Limited theatrical release March 23 wide release hopefully soon after.

Wow It's getting a theatrical release! That is surprising! Anyway I guess the DVD won't come until the summer.

does anyone know when to go on pre-order? And will it only be available on the stunt people website?

stuntpeople

Hey guys, first off here's the latest trailer for Death Grip, it's loaded with action!

9yFnYFZqdGY

Some quick notes:

- The title is back to Death Grip again! This was a decision we reached after all the feedback we received, so thanks for that! Good decision :D

- Release - Death Grip will be shown with a limited theatrical release in May, and will be on DVD around then too. We'll have DVDs for sale at The Stunt People Store, which we'll promote everywhere so they're easy to find. I'm not set on it yet, but I'm looking to also release on Blu Ray depending on how cost-effective production is.

- Current Status - Music composition, sound mixing, color correction, visual effects, and working with our sales agent Wonderphil to get the thing distributed.

Stay updated at my blog The Actionist, and also the Death Grip page. We're also releasing regular video sneak peeks on our YouTube channel. The latest one is can be seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMmBU1H4Tc4.

Thanks everyone and I'll keep ya updated with more!

Hey guys, first off here's the latest trailer for Death Grip, it's loaded with action!

9yFnYFZqdGY

Some quick notes:

- The title is back to Death Grip again! This was a decision we reached after all the feedback we received, so thanks for that! Good decision :D

- Release - Death Grip will be shown with a limited theatrical release in May, and will be on DVD around then too. We'll have DVDs for sale at The Stunt People Store, which we'll promote everywhere so they're easy to find. I'm not set on it yet, but I'm looking to also release on Blu Ray depending on how cost-effective production is.

- Current Status - Music composition, sound mixing, color correction, visual effects, and working with our sales agent Wonderphil to get the thing distributed.

Stay updated at my blog The Actionist, and also the Death Grip page. We're also releasing regular video sneak peeks on our YouTube channel. The latest one is can be seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMmBU1H4Tc4.

Thanks everyone and I'll keep ya updated with more!

I can't wait to buy this movie! Just a note on Blu-ray make sure they aren't region/area coded so those of us in the UK can get a copy!:tongue:

This looks freaking awesome!!!! Truly some of the best SP work yet!!! I can't wait to see this!

We're gonna try to have the DVD available by then. Should be able to make that happen!

Yay!:xd:

Eric posted this on his blog:

Death Grip‘s almost done and we’re hoping to have DVDs available at the theatrical premiere on June 30th. Our plan is to have DVDs and Blu-Rays available at the showing, with the following special features (none of these are guaranteed, but they’re planned):

Death Grip Feature Film (in 1080p on Blu Ray)

Cast & Crew Commentary, plus a commentary track with me and my mom

Making of Death Grip – A behind-the-scenes look at how the film was made, including interviews with cast and crew, plus comments from Haywire‘s fight choreographer, J. J. Perry, and Shahar Sorek from Bunraku. (Roughly 60 minutes in length)

Original, Action-Packed Compound Scene including an unused fight with Johnny Yong Bosch

Outtakes

Deleted Scenes

Stunt People Sizzle Reel

SP Shorts in 1080p like Paper Pushers, Ness, Hand Over Fist, Informant, etc.

Trailers

whatever else I can fit on there

If I run out of space, I’ll start from the top and work my way down until I run out of room on the disc.

Right now the film’s progress is:

Editing: Done

Visual Effects: Done

Color Correction: 95%

Music: 95%

Key Art: 80%

Titling: 80%

Sound design: 50%

Behind the Scenes Editing: 20% (most of the work is just cataloging)

Meanwhile, we’re brewing the next film. Excited as I am, I can’t give anything away, but soon I will! You’ll hear it here first.

One Armed Boxer
Meanwhile, we’re brewing the next film. Excited as I am, I can’t give anything away, but soon I will! You’ll hear it here first.

Hi Eric, I'm just curious with there being a mention of your next project...did the sequel to 'Contour', 'Beat Down Boogie', which started filming end up being an abandoned project? I remember even a trailer was released for it which I used to watch in anticipation of the release, but then Micah Moore said there was funding trouble and it seemed to drop off the map...what was in the trailer was excellent though, it seems like such a shame for the footage to go to waste!

Archived