Talent Reels & Short Films

ShaOW!linDude

-Just watched two of Tim Man's showreels-yeah Reel Power I see he was in Ong Bak 2, shame he was masked up, and wasnt doing bootwork of the level in his video+looks like he was in that Kristin Kreuk Chun Li movie, dont know coz I never saw it.

Anyway check it out

Also here's a wicked little fight scene with Tim Man (also choreographing-multi talented) fighting a guy called Anis Cheurfa, who's also got some ruffhouse moves (why arent these guys in lead roles???), watch out for the Capoeira guy too...

Looks like Tim Man is on the up...I see he is playing one of the main roles "the Kid" in Kill Em All with Gordon Liu and Joe Lewis....I'll be first in the queue for that one!!!

Someone should show these videos to Isaac Florentine-THIS GUY should be taking on the future of martial cinema, Scott Adkins (Boyka...Boyka!!!) in Undisputed 4. I can just imagine these two guys flipping and booting round a ring....maybe Scott would meet his match here (a first time for everything!!)

PURE CLASS IN A GLASS!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I just happen to stumble across this today. This girl's got chops! Amy Johnson. Check her out. She does some shapes/classical forms, weapons, tumbling/parkour, and has participated in some choreography. It'd be great to see her in some action films.

8bR4R5kXwtY

(Don't we have the option now of renaming a thread if it's one we've created? If so, can someone remind how to go about doing so? I'd like to rename this one so it can be a catch-all for talent like this forum members run across.)

xeoqXO9H9As&feature=plcp

Thought this kinda went along the lines of the thread. Its mostly independent with a couple of mainstream Hong Kong.

Guest Yi-Long
xeoqXO9H9As&feature=plcp

Thought this kinda went along the lines of the thread. Its mostly independent with a couple of mainstream Hong Kong.

Wasn't impressed by the amateur-stuff until it got to nr. 3 till 1, which were all pretty damn good.

Bangkok K.O. (4) looked pretty good as well.

It's kinda sad some of the stuff that gets uploaded as showcase material when there are scenes where the fighters are clearly missing eachother by miles or 'waiting for eachother' or poor camerawork or angles or whatever. I mean, IF you're going to do it, then do it WELL. If you see that the take isn't perfect, you need to shoot it again, especially in cases like these where there's no deadline or whatever to take into account.

Sometimes you see performers who clearly have some talent, but it doesn't shine because they settled for an 'OK' take.

About 5-6 years ago I had a huge discussion about this issue with someone from City on Fire or from this board (I don't remember who cause I'm bad with names and don't use MSN anymore...), but whenever you do stuff like this, you really have to ask for 100% from yourself and your partners, or else it will look pretty bad pretty quick.

(Don't we have the option now of renaming a thread if it's one we've created? If so, can someone remind how to go about doing so? I'd like to rename this one so it can be a catch-all for talent like this forum members run across.)

Just edit the title in your 1st post SD:smile:

Drunken Monk

Mickey Facchinello (aka my future bride) is going from strength to strength. Her punches and kicks look far more powerful than Jeeja Yanin has ever looked. This girl is an absolute star.

She executes great kicks and combos...all while wearing skinny jeans! I really hope she ends up doing something big.

Despite some cheesiness and unnecessary lingering shots, that was almost ten minutes are amazing choreography.

As I say with all videos, I'd prefer to have seen more intricate exchanges but, otherwise, it was pretty damn glorious. I even enjoy the original usage of slow motion and I abhor slow motion most of the time.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow!!! I just have to echo everything DM just said....well, except that Mickey Facchinello is my future bride. (I hate it for her but I'm already taken.:tongue:)

That was simply fantastic! What a great display of choreography with what I thought were very inventive exchanges. The editing was really good and the impacts were some of the best I've seen showcased to date. And props to Mr. Rimburg for the way he used snippets of the performers and their names in the end credits so we could know exactly who they were.

Can't wait for the sequel.....Women In Dresses....that will be the title, right?:tongue:

(I renamed the thread to something more suitable. Feel free to post these type of finds here, guys.)

Drunken Monk

One thing I didn't mention in my comment were the falls. Some of those tumbles were absolutely spine shatteringly flawless.

We can't forget the work put into somebody falling down and making it look great!

Drunken Monk
Vy3E-miBjJw

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this was pretty shoddy. It seemed like the girl couldn't fight and those sound effects? Yikes!

ShaOW!linDude

Meh. It had a few good spots. Terry Taneie, the dude in the suit, certainly had some pretty good skills. He was throwing out some cool "old school" shapes at times. That's not to say that the others didn't have talent, especially the girl, but they just didn't come across as well to me, again, especially the girl. She just didn't sell her side of the fights, neither did she show much versatility in her skill level.

Has the new Thomas Jane short been posted anywhere I thought I saw it on the board the other day, but today I searched and cant seem to find it. Nice violent fight scene by the way.

spidermexican

"Sleeping Dogs" short film, with action done by the EMC Monkeys and directed by Clinton Jones (aka Youtube personality Pwnisher):

3WgWMgGrZDY

blue_skies just sent me this bit from a short film titled Pins & Needles. It's got some decent choreography in it. It looks to be shot with handheld cameras and it gets a little shaky sometimes but it's a good effort.

orC4EOimEpI

ShaOW!linDude

I just came across this on Eric Jabocus' site The Actionist. It's his 2012 kick reel.

This is friggin' phenomenal! It's like an encyclopedia of kicks! Dig this!!!!!

yPUp_8zctxQ

spidermexican

Bourne style fight scene done for practice at our gym:

atDFXU45DOA

blue_skies just sent me this bit from a short film titled Pins & Needles. It's got some decent choreography in it. It looks to be shot with handheld cameras and it gets a little shaky sometimes but it's a good effort.

Thanks for liking it! That is actually something I stunt coordinated (and performed some stunts for) back in 2008 for a buddy of mine. You can check out the same channel for more vids!

Bourne style fight scene done for practice at our gym:

atDFXU45DOA

Bourne style fighting done WELL! While there was that up-close-and-personal feel to it, I could still see what each fighter was doing. That's something the Bourne films never pulled off. Great job.

spidermexican

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. We might try some more with different variety in the near future. Thanks again for watching. :)

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. We might try some more with different variety in the near future. Thanks again for watching. :)

I have to totally agree with TWC...it's time for the new blood to make their due...LBP Stunts Chicago, Stunt People, Wild Stunts Europe, and the rest.

Tim Man is choreographing NINJA 2, which will be shot after Scott Adkins finishes work on GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS 3: UNDERGROUND.

Archived