Jeff Speakman's The Perfect Weapon finally coming to blu-ray & dvd!

kingofkungfu2002
i set my multiregion Oppo to B and it played fine so i'm guessing region-free

Aww man, I knew I should have waited and got the Bluray :cry:

ShaOW!linDude

Here's the Amazon link.

Blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Weapon-Blu-ray-Jeff-Speakman/dp/B006A8XGVQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329543703&sr=1-1

DVD

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Weapon-Jeff-Speakman/dp/B006A8XFUI/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329543703&sr=1-2

I was at both a MovieStop and a Walmart today browsing the dvd section and this was not on the shelves anywhere. Wonder what the deal is?

• Administrator

Right on! :bigsmile:

Aww man, I knew I should have waited and got the Bluray :cry:

Yes sir. :nerd: The DVD of this kind of release will probably look just as good as the BD though.

what stores are people finding this in? I can't seem to find any stores that have it in!

I pre-ordered it from Amazon. Still......... waiting. :neutral:

Here's the Amazon link.

Blu-ray

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Weapon-Blu-ray-Jeff-Speakman/dp/B006A8XGVQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329543703&sr=1-1

DVD

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Weapon-Jeff-Speakman/dp/B006A8XFUI/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329543703&sr=1-2

I was at both a MovieStop and a Walmart today browsing the dvd section and this was not on the shelves anywhere. Wonder what the deal is?

The deal is: each of the buyers for these two chains need an escrima stick beatdown! :smile:

Hope this comes tomorrow!

• Administrator

Got it today and watched it immediately. What a fun flick. Really nice to finally see it again properly.

The pic quality was better than I thought it would be.

Not to sound ungrateful, but I sure would have liked to see some extras. At least the theatrical trailer. Would have LOVED to hear an audio commentary with Sensei Speakman. I'm sure he has a lot of great wisdom to impart about Kenpo theory, techniques, and history and great stories of training under Master Ed Parker.

Still... it was the perfect movie for a Saturday afternoon. I hope to show it to my son this week too.

OK I watched this the other night on BR and I agree I wish there was some extras there was nothing at all not even subtitles, I like to watch movies with English sub-t's because sometimes you will see something that you couldn't hear in the movie. The BR quality was OK at times it was a little grainy but definitely a fun flick to watch. I really wish he would've made some more main stream movies. I think some of the fight scenes were really good!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone out there happen to have the TV Version of A Perfect Weapon with Jeff Speakman? It contains some additional scenes that are not in the DVD release - here are the details from IMDB:

TV versions airing on TBS have two additional scenes in which Jennifer (Mariska Hargitay) has lines: one after Kim's funeral, in which she and Jeff catch up; and the other some days later, in which Jennifer and Jeff share a kiss before ninjas attack the two at the garden where she works. Theatrical and video versions have edited out any romance between Jennifer and Jeff in the story.

The TBS television airings also includes a scene of young Jeff skipping school at an arcade. It also shows an extended version of the scene of Jeff's first day at the Kenpo school.

Does anyone have this? If so please get in touch - I have lots to trade.

Many thanks

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 2/18/2012 at 6:54 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Not to sound ungrateful, but I sure would have liked to see some extras. At least the theatrical trailer. Would have LOVED to hear an audio commentary with Sensei Speakman. I'm sure he has a lot of great wisdom to impart about Kenpo theory, techniques, and history and great stories of training under Master Ed Parker.

Still... it was the perfect movie for a Saturday afternoon. I hope to show it to my son this week too.

Some of my wishes for this came true. :tongue:

And I did watch it back then with my son and he loved it. :bigsmile: It's hard to believe that was 12 years ago!

On 8/7/2013 at 5:51 PM, luciofulci said:

Does anyone out there happen to have the TV Version of A Perfect Weapon with Jeff Speakman? It contains some additional scenes that are not in the DVD release - here are the details from IMDB:

TV versions airing on TBS have two additional scenes in which Jennifer (Mariska Hargitay) has lines: one after Kim's funeral, in which she and Jeff catch up; and the other some days later, in which Jennifer and Jeff share a kiss before ninjas attack the two at the garden where she works. Theatrical and video versions have edited out any romance between Jennifer and Jeff in the story.

The TBS television airings also includes a scene of young Jeff skipping school at an arcade. It also shows an extended version of the scene of Jeff's first day at the Kenpo school.

Does anyone have this? If so please get in touch - I have lots to trade.

Many thanks

@luciofulci the footage you seek is available on the Kino Lorber Blu-ray, though only in a "deleted/extended scenes" extra. The entire TV broadcast version is not included.

On 5/14/2023 at 5:11 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

This will be getting a Blu-ray release later in the year from Kino Lorber, using a new HD master from a 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative no less! More details via the link - 

https://cityonfire.com/perfect-weapon-blu-ray-dvd-kino-lorber-trailer-4k-films-jeff-speakman/

The new Kino Lorber Blu-ray is well worth the upgrade from the initial BD release by Olive Films. There's a nice uptick in PQ and it also features some very cool extras. I listened to the audio commentary with Mike Leeder and the film's director Mark DiSalle and learned some interesting stuff about the production. DiSalle remembers the production clearly and shares lots of fun anecdotes. A new interview with Jeff Speakman answers many of the questions that never seem to be addressed to these action performers. He speaks in detail about how they achieved the fast and intricate choreography so realistically and it's fascinating. This feature is top-notch.* The deleted/extended scenes are so wonderful to see after all these decades too. A theatrical trailer is also included.

The martial arts scenes in this are so dynamic that after first seeing it I left the theater, drove directly to a martial arts supply store, and bought my first set of Escrima sticks.

*If you enjoy this interview I highly recommend you check out Jeff's interview on the excellent Scott Adkins: Art of Action. He talks more about how he got into martial arts, the serious health issues he's overcome, and the other films in his career. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psO6_gwHtio&list=PL6TGfz7ZsXZ0nmlpNccSWr8Q_3xAr4Slj&index=40

• Like 2