Jeff Speakman's The Perfect Weapon finally coming to blu-ray & dvd!

Guest FiveSwords

I still have a cable TV version on my DVR. Not sure how cut it is. As a Kenpo guy, I'd love to see this on DVD. Anyone know who now owns he rights to this film? Maybe we can get a letter drive going to those in power...

I felt the same way that this movie shouldve definitely got a DVD release which I really can't understand why it hasn't. Jeff Speakman kicked some serious ass is this movie.

I saw this thread & thought I'd try Paramount Studios directly through their website (sorry I don't remember it at the moment, but it's easy to find); they haven't gotten back to me yet, but if enough of us bug them maybe we'll get a response. I'd like to try Dragon Dynasty, too, a special edition from them could be great.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I doubt that DD would have any interest in releasing that. I think they exclusively release Asian cinema.

But the bugging of Paramount is a great idea.:) What could it hurt? I'll jump on that bandwagon Bro! Kung fu (and Kenpo) brothers unite. We must demand the DVD release of PERFECT WEAPON!

Jesse Smooth
Her part was cut to nothing though. Seriously, they removed all her dialogue so she just hovers around at times. Odd.

Years ago on TBS, they played the version with all her dialog scenes.

I've got this on VHS somewhere... I always wondered why Speakman, didn't make anymore M.A. Flicks... I love his style... I took Kenpo for a few years so I was excited when a movie came out featuring my style...

I'm so out of shape and practice, but I still practice on my bag in the basement every now an then... My blocks are still really good, but I would not want to try and kick someone very much higher than the waist... I'm afraid I'd pull something or fall over...

Guest WuxiaFan
I think there's an Australian dvd of it.

I checked chaos.com (Australian retailer), but they didn't have anything. Where did you see it?

NinjaFearlessly

Anyone watched Region 4 DVD release (from Australia) of 'The Perfect Weapon' (Jeff Speakman)? Which must be only release thus far in the World on DVD.

What is quality like - perfect? Or not that good.

Just wondering if it is perfect DVD transfer or if taken from an old VHS master that an Australian company had.

One of the best American martial art movies of the 90s for sure.

Amazing it has yet to still get official DVD release in U.S.

Would be great to see a good release of this finally. It is one of the only US made martial arts films that I can watch over again.