"Monkey" Mak Wai-cheung Showreel

Reel Power Stunts

Reel Power Stunts

I thought the Shaws forum was the best place to post this. Here's a reel from a few years back for Shaw Bros' veteran stuntman Tony Mak:

m5Yb3nqKYDE

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Wow! That's awesome!!!! He's taken some killer falls on film. The one at the 1:49 mark just stuns me. He's worked with some top names, too. I knew I recognized him; just never could put a name to him. Thanks for posting this, RPS.

odioustrident

That one at 1:49 just looks reckless! How do you fall like that and ensure you don't bust your face on that grate? It was definitely no controlled dive. Not sure what film it is.

Sweet! This dude is awesome. I've seen him in a lot of movies. I';ve always liked monkey. He deserved better, even though he was pretty comfortable working with Lau Kar Leung for so many years, I feel like he should have starred in his own movies. I was watching an interview on youtube with him, it was taken when he made that movie with Donnie Yen (forget what it's called) and somewhere, it was said that he wasn't promoted as a big star because he didn't have the look movie executives wanted. What? European features?

wtf kind of look are these people looking for? All of these so called "pretty" HK actors out today, I dont even watch their movies.

oh wow an unsung hero of the genre!

Sweet! This dude is awesome. I've seen him in a lot of movies. I';ve always liked monkey. He deserved better, even though he was pretty comfortable working with Lau Kar Leung for so many years, I feel like he should have starred in his own movies. I was watching an interview on youtube with him, it was taken when he made that movie with Donnie Yen (forget what it's called) and somewhere, it was said that he wasn't promoted as a big star because he didn't have the look movie executives wanted. What? European features?

wtf kind of look are these people looking for? All of these so called "pretty" HK actors out today, I dont even watch their movies.

to be honest I should imagine it is the same thing that held back Yuen Biao and being the same level superstar as Jackie Chan, presumably Hsiao Hou, Taiwanese like Kuo Chue, Chiang Sheng , countless fantastic villains and co-stars. I imagine most forum members would have loved to have seen the more talented players up front and centre, given the chance in many, many movies . unfortunately we live in a superficial world.

Archived