Asian Horror Classics?????

Guest ThunderFoot77

Guest ThunderFoot77

Looking for everyones top 5 or so Asian Horror/Scifi action films?? (ex. Battle royale, versus, volcano high, dark water, etc.) any and all responses appreciated...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zwolf1

Ringu - the original version of the Ring, must-see. The sequels are okay, but the original Japanese version is best.

Audition - this one's freaking hardcore... it will bother you, guaranteed. The less you know about the movie, the better it works, but it's about a widower who decides he needs to marry again and a friend helps him meet girls by casting auditions for a low-budget film, so he can meet actresses that fit his criteria. He gets obsessed with one girl who seems very nice... but little does he know she's got a big sack on the floor of her apartment and whatever you think is in there, the reality is worse. And when you think things that are happening will surely stop now, they keep going...

Kwaidan - old, very-beautifully-made Japanese ghost story film, with several stories. It's a masterpiece.

Raat - a horror film from India that looks a little like a combo of Argento and Raimi. It's kind of like an Indian version of The Exorcist, but they don't tend to do much gore, so they have to rely on milder, non-effects stuff... and it works pretty well.

Then you've got things like Black Magic, and The Devil - pretty gory and weird but kind of silly, too. I saw Evil Dead Trap because that came highly reccomended, and it had some good things about it but overall I wasn't crazy about it - I don't like when directors throw in nonsensical things just because they "look good" - like at one point it starts snowing silver, and there's absolutely no reason for it and the director admits that but said it "looked pretty." Well, yeah... but it's dumb!

There's an Asian zombie flick called Junk coming out around the end of the month I'm looking forward to...

Archived