Favorite Power Rangers Series

DarthKato

Hey guys. I noticed that another Power Ranger series is coming out next year, so I was wondering: What is your favorite Power Rangers series?

My favorite is the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. It was the perfect mix of action and comedy and the cast was pretty good.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, it's either Sun Vulcan (best fight scenes) or the original Go Rangers (for that groovy 70s feel that I'm always a sucker of with these Japanese Superhero shows).

I'm embarrassed to admit that I watched Power Rangers all the way up to S.P.D., when I was in high school. My excuse is that my kid brother watched it, so I watched it with him. Really, I liked them all, other than Lightspeed and Wild Force, which was pretty fucking bad. The only thing I remember digging from Wild Force was Forever Red, which was an orgasm of Power Ranger-y awesomeness.

Anyway, my favorite was In Space. Loved the action, loved the drama of it all. And it had, to this day, my favorite of the PR series finales. My favorite aspect of the show, though, was that it tied together everything that had come before it. It was the grand finale of, like, six seasons of Power Rangers. Post-Saban, I really dug Ninja Storm. Some of those guys really handled their action scenes well.

I have only seen Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Wild Force, and S.P.D. I did not like Wild Force at all, but S.P.D was okay. Also, there is nothing wrong with still watching Power Rangers ToryK.

ThunderScore I have never read that book, is it any good?

It's a primer on what the author thought parents needed to know about the show. The author did his research, but sometimes strains to show it in the least positive light.

I will be skipping it then. I don't like it when people try to ruin a show's reputation. I have seen the show through the eyes of a child and a adult and I can say that I have never seen anything wrong with it.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I watched Power Rangers all the way up to S.P.D., when I was in high school. My excuse is that my kid brother watched it, so I watched it with him. Really, I liked them all, other than Lightspeed and Wild Force, which was pretty fucking bad. The only thing I remember digging from Wild Force was Forever Red, which was an orgasm of Power Ranger-y awesomeness.

Anyway, my favorite was In Space. Loved the action, loved the drama of it all. And it had, to this day, my favorite of the PR series finales. My favorite aspect of the show, though, was that it tied together everything that had come before it. It was the grand finale of, like, six seasons of Power Rangers. Post-Saban, I really dug Ninja Storm. Some of those guys really handled their action scenes well.

Don't be embarrassed...I've seen all the Power Rangers series except for Operation Overdrive, the third to last Disney PR series. I am currently watching PR Samurai with my 5-year old daughter. We have both seen the original Samurai Sentai Shinkenger and I must say Saban totally did right this time by mostly faithfully adapting the central plots of the Shinkenger series and adding Bulk and Spike (Skull's son) to the mix is a nice welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they will adapt Goseiger into PR Megaforce next year. As for Super Sentai, the source of the Power Rangers, I have seen all from Gekiranger to Gokaiger. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the new Super Sentai Series Gobuster when they release the series in February 2012.

And in case anyone hasn't seen PR Samurai, the Wild Force Red Ranger, Rick Medina, is on the show as Deker, a half-human, half-Highlok who wants a duel with Red Samurai Ranger Jayden because he feels Jayden is a worthy opponent. This is one of the most faithful subplots as in the original Shinkenger, the half-human half-demon samurai warrior Juuzou feels that ShinkenRed Takeru was a worthy opponent.

I can understand that. I found it an interesting curio to see how the series was regarded by its' critics.

84916d4e7d20e4a879f25990b99c01f2ac9f7293.jpg

Cool Pic. Did you get those signatures in person?

crazedjustice888

WHATS UP EVERYBODY!!! I'm they guy with all the toys, clothing, and DVDs of Power Rangers...lol

My favorite series was Zeo. I don't even know why, I just loved it, everything about it made it amazing to me. My favorite sentai would have to be Dairanger where each one was based on a different style of martial art. Its the only sentai where I like all the rangers, but they never brought it over due to how extremely violent the footage was.

WHATS UP EVERYBODY!!! I'm they guy with all the toys, clothing, and DVDs of Power Rangers...lol

My favorite series was Zeo. I don't even know why, I just loved it, everything about it made it amazing to me. My favorite sentai would have to be Dairanger where each one was based on a different style of martial art. Its the only sentai where I like all the rangers, but they never brought it over due to how extremely violent the footage was.

They did bring the KibaRanger from Dairanger over to MMPR when Tommy becomes the White Ranger. And the Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers spin-off was based on Kakuranger, which I want to see because Kane Kosugi was NinjaBlack on the original series. I did see the fight scene between Kane and his father on that show.

IIRC, Saban was doing a Ninja Turtles series at that time...

I heard that they were making a TMNT show, but never expected that they decied to cross it over with Power Rangers. It is actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

crazedjustice888
They did bring the KibaRanger from Dairanger over to MMPR when Tommy becomes the White Ranger. And the Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers spin-off was based on Kakuranger, which I want to see because Kane Kosugi was NinjaBlack on the original series. I did see the fight scene between Kane and his father on that show.

Oh I know, but they hardly ever used any actual fighting footage in ranger suit for the white ranger. Kakuranger is a pretty cool series too. Kakublack is my favorite of the rangers to be sure.

I'm taking a wild theory here as to why POWER RANGERS SAMURAI is a 2-season series. It may be because Gokaiger may not be adapted because fans of the original Power Rangers may not get the Super Sentai Series from 1975-1991 (Goranger-Jetman). MEGAFORCE, the next series, will adapt Goseiger, which concentrated on angels from heaven. Wondering how they will adapt the show.

Check out the main page...I did a review of the Gokaiger-Goseiger team-up film with all 199 Super Sentai heroes and reviewed the 2010 Super Sentai Series, Goseiger.

I checked out that SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI SYBER-SQUAD and it looks like it would alright, but it seems to be kind of copying Ultraman. I guess that was the business Dic was in at the time.

SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI was adapted by Dic from GRIDMAN, a show that was produced by Tsuburaya Productions, who did ULTRAMAN...

That explains the similarities between the two and why SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI is not as bad as TATTOOED ALIEN FIGHTERS.

Check out the main page...I did a review of the Gokaiger-Goseiger team-up film with all 199 Super Sentai heroes and reviewed the 2010 Super Sentai Series, Goseiger.

I finally got around to checking out your reviews AlbertV. I think that it is an interesting twist that they are taking by having the rangers angel based in the new series. I have seen them go with a lot of themes over the years (like you talked about in your review), but I can honestly say that I never thought that they would ever go with an angel theme. I think that it is an interesting idea ,but I wonder if it will remain that way when it comes to the US?

As for the Gokaiger-Goseiger team-up film , it is on my to-get list.:xd:

DarthKato, the Gokaigers are doing a crossover movie with another Japanese superhero, Space Sheriff Gavan. The Gavan series ran from 1982-1983 and it involved an intergalactic cop, In the upcoming movie, Gavan goes after the Gokaigers for their pirate ways, but looks like they will ultimately team up.

The movie also will mark the debut of the 2012 Super Sentai Team, Tokumei Sentai Gobuster, a 3-person team made up of RedBuster, BlueBuster, and YellowBuster.

I wish I was in Japan on its release date, because the film is being released on my freaking birthday, (January 21)

DarthKato, the Gokaigers are doing a crossover movie with another Japanese superhero, Space Sheriff Gavan. The Gavan series ran from 1982-1983 and it involved an intergalactic cop, In the upcoming movie, Gavan goes after the Gokaigers for their pirate ways, but looks like they will ultimately team up.

The movie also will mark the debut of the 2012 Super Sentai Team, Tokumei Sentai Gobuster, a 3-person team made up of RedBuster, BlueBuster, and YellowBuster.

I wish I was in Japan on its release date, because the film is being released on my freaking birthday, (January 21)

Sounds cool. I have never heard of Space Sheriff Gavan before. Can't wait for it to be released in the U.S.

I just wrote a review on "Might Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie". Here is the link:

"Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" Review

Also, here is a video I found on YouTube that plays the theme from the show on a loop for 10 hours. I listened to it to whole time I was writing the review.:bigsmile:Here is the link:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers theme song

Archived