Comedy TV series recommendations wanted

blue_skies

I'm looking for some new(or older) comedy series to watch, English language only. I like things like Titus, Scrubs, Red Dwarf, Game On (UK), That 70s Show, Third Rock from the Sun, Family Guy (for the first four seasons). Frasier is another good one :smile:

I never got into Curb Your Enthusiasm. I really dislike Two & A Half Men or whatever it's called with Charlie Sheen. I hate the Cleveland show and not impressed by American Dad.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all time favorites: Arrested Development, Upright Citizens Brigade, Mr Show, Monty Python, Bottom, Young Ones, Kids in the Hall

current favorites: Parks and Rec, Louie, the Looney Tunes Show

ShaOW!linDude

Yes, dude, check out Kids In The Hall!!!!! They performed some fantastic skits!

Okay, you could try:

How I Met Your Mother --- prepare to owned by "Barney Stintson"/Neil Patrick Harris.

Community --- a cast of eclectic misfits at a community college. There's some really great wacky themed eps.

Big Bang Theory --- nerd/fanboy scientists; there is some seriously great humor in this and the writing is good. The application of scientific terms/theories to human behavior is just a great pun.

Everybody Loves Raymond --- my wife hates sitcoms but she got sucked into this and fell in love with this show.

Psych --- comedy/drama but mainly comedy about a "psychic" detective agency. The writing is good and the lines are witty. It's just a fun watch and full of 80's and 90's cultural references.

Yes, dude, check out Kids In The Hall!!!!! They performed some fantastic skits!

Okay, you could try:

How I Met Your Mother --- prepare to owned by "Barney Stintson"/Neil Patrick Harris.

Community --- a cast of eclectic misfits at a community college. There's some really great wacky themed eps.

Big Bang Theory --- nerd/fanboy scientists; there is some seriously great humor in this and the writing is good. The application of scientific terms/theories to human behavior is just a great pun.

Everybody Loves Raymond --- my wife hates sitcoms but she got sucked into this and fell in love with this show.

Psych --- comedy/drama but mainly comedy about a "psychic" detective agency. The writing is good and the lines are witty. It's just a fun watch and full of 80's and 90's cultural references.

I've seen how I Met your mother and that used to be good but in recent seasons lost that edge. Barney used to be legend – wait for it – ary:tongue:

I also enjoy the big bang theory, another good call. I've not seen the rest.

I also like the Fx drama "rescue me" which while not being strictly a comedy can really have me in stitches laughing! a lot more than a lot of these so-called comedies ! Something like that would be fantastic!:xd:

Everybody keep them coming…

ShaOW!linDude

See if you can find Psych ep "Romeo and Juliet and Juliet" on the net somewhere. It's one of their funniest eps and a MA based story arc. I watch it every time it reruns.

See if you can find Psych ep "Romeo and Juliet and Juliet" on the net somewhere. It's one of their funniest eps and a MA based story arc. I watch it every time it reruns.

Thanks, I'll look into that and you're other suggestions.:smile:

How about The Simpsons? The first 13 seasons are really good.

I got bored of the Simpsons years ago, but sometimes I like to watch the episode. Is it still running? What season is it on now?

i 2nd that PSYCH is pretty awesome!

that show really grew on me. theyve improved little things constantly with each season.

in terms of humorous, easy going good fun shows, this is the big kahuna hands down.

CASTLE, starring the great nathan fillion and sexy stana katic is a crime show with some great, well timed humour thrown in for good measure too.

luv that shows humour. make no mistake tho, its not a comedy series and definitely nothing even remotely sit-comish.

basically, i feel like comedy on tv went to hell the last few years.

nothing worth watching since MY NAME IS EARL

Thanks, I'll look into that and you're other suggestions.:smile:

I got bored of the Simpsons years ago, but sometimes I like to watch the episode. Is it still running? What season is it on now?

Yeah, its still running( some shows just won't die.) I think that it is on its 23rd season now.

thanks everyone for your suggestions.:smile:

Just thought of another good one, Flight of the Conchords

is that the one with musical numbers in it?

Here is a few that I think that you might like:

The Office: One of my business instructorsn at my college played this for on the last day of the semestor and I thought it was pretty good.

It's always Sunny in Philadelphia: I saw this a couple times on TV and it seemed allright.

Futurama: I believe that this was made my the same person that made the Simpsons. The first couple of seasons were good, but it got stale, to me, after that.

Are you Being Served?:This is a classic british comedy series that you might want to check out.

Hope this helps. If I think of any others I will post them.

Archived