Kiss of the Dragon final fight scene Re-scored

AJ Johnson

I always thought the rap song during the final fight scene of Kiss of the Dragon felt out of place (even though I got used to it as time went on) so I re-edited the entire scene re-scoring it with different parts of the Game of Death musical score. Of course doing that I had to replace the sound effects as well which gave me a new respect for sound editors lol.

wVFlEH5NjBM

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Fonda played her part well.

I agree.

Good job AJ Johnson. That was way better than the original.

Guest Yi-Long
I thought Fonda played her part well.

I disagree. I didn't like her at al and thought she was one of the weakest and most annoying parts of the movie. Not entirely her fault ofcourse, cause it was also stupid to even have that role in the movie in the first place.

I really liked the movie when I first saw it (I believe I watched it in Hong Kong in 2001), but her role shouldn't have been there. Perhaps a better actress could have pulled it off, but she certainly didn't.

Many movies have this problem btw, that there's a poor helpless female role written into the story just for the hell of it. Very annoying.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I disagree. I didn't like her at al and thought she was one of the weakest and most annoying parts of the movie. Not entirely her fault ofcourse, cause it was also stupid to even have that role in the movie in the first place.

I really liked the movie when I first saw it (I believe I watched it in Hong Kong in 2001), but her role shouldn't have been there. Perhaps a better actress could have pulled it off, but she certainly didn't.

Many movies have this problem btw, that there's a poor helpless female role written into the story just for the hell of it. Very annoying.

LOL, she was kind of a dick....

Thanks for the great feedback :) I've always been a huge fan of that entire score and it just seemed perfect for that scene.

As for Bridget Fonda, her performance was very uneven for me...probably had more bad moments in the movie than good. I've seen better acting from her for sure. I've always wanted to do an entire fan edit of KOD to replace the score and sound effects (probably won't do it after what I had to go through for just this one scene lol) but I'm not sure it's even possible to edit her out of the movie.

Guest Markgway

Fonda's character was better drawn than most in B-grade action movies. She's supposed to be a pathetic herion addict. A victim. But one that wants - with Jet Li's help - to change her life and rescue her daughter. She's an integral part of the story. I found her to be convincingly grubby (no Hollywood glamour) and sympathetic when required.

Very good job indeed. And thank you for reminding me that there are some newer martial arts films that still watchable. :wink:

Joking of course, but it really is nice to see a modern day actioner that doesn't have copious amounts of shaky-cam-extravagansa going on! :xd:

Archived