Pops & crew demo

rdenn

the original person who taped this footage was not a adam cheng fan thats why it was cut out, and adam slipping up on a sword form... never ..

Never understood why Adam Cheng's part was cutted off, even if you are not a fan of any martial artist, is silly to take him off of a demonstration of students.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk
I don't know what a pops is but here is some Ching Chu doing much more than he usually got to do.

I actually just bought "Fists and Guts" so this clip has me excited to watch the whole thing!

BaronK

just so you know what a Pops is (although Kung Fu Bob did answer you when you first asked it elsewhere)...

The Pops is Lau Kar Leung's NICKNAME, given to him by English Kung Fu fans in the 80's, just like Gordon Liu's NICKNAME is Santa or Leung Kar Yan is known as Beardy..it's a NICKNAME

Surprisingly Wong Yue wasn't there, apart of the demonstration. He too was one of Lau's first students. I do wonder why he didn't participate?

Wong Yu wasnt one of Lau si-fu's first students, The Pops (that's a NICKNAME Baron K) opened his first kwoon when he was 13 years old in Macao, I dont think Wong Yu was old enough to be there...

I'm not sure if Wong Yu was already Pops's (that's a NICKNAME Baron K) to-dai before he started at Shaw's or not, maybe someone from the Lau family Line can answer that one, if he wasnt then he was junior to Fu Sheng...

As for why he wasnt at the demo, perhaps he wasnt happy doing public demos (I know I hate doing them!!!) or he was filming

Archived