Movie Intro / demo?

June

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The opening credits for LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA are the bomb!

Also, despite my horror at the animal trauma, I can't look away from the beginning of IRON MONKEY (1977).

THUNDERING MANTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nerd:

I'll 2nd Legendary Weapons; best opening ever and one of my fave kung fu movies too.

Dirty Ho was another with a killer opening and I always liked the opener for Warriors Two. Loved the opening for Shanghai 13 also, what with those cool sketches and kickass guitar riff.

Chinese Stuntman

Where John Ladalski is slapping up a kung fu school full of lames, then his fist is caught...the cool music kicks off...and there's Li to let loose.

Great intro fight....and the only intro where a phone starts ringing....and one of the fighters has to take a call??!!

Shapes and neo-realism together in a brilliant opener to a classic film

Chinatown Kid

Five Venoms has to be one of the coolest opening credit sequences ever....

Kid with the Golden Arm ain't bad either!

Best intro ever! Hot Cool Vicious

Absolutely agree venomsfreak. One of my favorite indies.

Five Venoms has to be one of the coolest opening credit sequences ever....

No doubt. Beginning of an era, CKid! :bigsmile:

Another one of my faves below....

Yes, love the Nadia Comaneci theme.

Reminds of me of the old spag-westerns....

6PsWn-06Igg

The opening for Shaws' The Master aka 3 Evil Masters has always struck me as one cool opening... Chen Kuai Tai exudes charisma.

36TH Chamber of Shaolin, and Chinese Super Ninjas are close...

:nerd:

ShaOW!linDude

One of my faves (but it's not an "old school" film) is THE CHAMPIONS.

As the opening credits roll, Yuen Biao and Cheung Kwok Keung do "soccer" fu on one another against a white backdrop. Very tricky looking choreography playing "keep away"with a soccer ball. Love it.

Someone tell me a bad intro that is an against a coloured background?

Someone tell me a bad intro that is an against a coloured background?

tai chi shadowboxing some really messy movement in that intro

The multi colour opening of Brave Archer is a bit of a wasted opportunity...WOW lots of people standing around doing absolutely NOTHING??? Thats how to start a movie!!

I always loved the intro to "The Odd Couple" simply because it gives you a little weapons history and then hits you with amazing action from the get go that immediately lets you know you're in for a treat...

XWh7SoYjgOI

Well two of my favorites are here already. Crystal Fist...the forms and the music just get's me pumped for the rest of the movie!!!

Legendary Weapons....it doesn't get much better than that for an opening.

Judgement Of An Assassin. Swear that's the best movie opening ever. Every time I see it I seem to almost involuntarily shout "now that's how you start a fucking movie!!". It's got, speed, drama, action, everything, that music, the camara angles & movement are something else; love the titles & animated blood splatter. So gooood. Shame the rest of the movie doesn't live up to the promise of that opening imo. Funny that David Chiang gets a soundstage intro after the credits & first 5 mins or so. Ok movie, best intro ever.

Try & deny it!:

e6zHCbs1DkA

More faves

mEVVd4aNyMM

after the pre credit sequence then this intro below, on the big screen, :wink: those were the days

tZAL4FO5O1k

I think the only positive thing about the opening of G.O.D is John Barry's score....totally wasted on THAT movie, he should have saved it for a James Bond movie where it belongs!!

Good call on Ninja in the Dragon's Den though, great opening and wicked song too...."Shaka-Ninja-Listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the ninja"

Archived