The 'Rurouni Kenshin' Trilogy

AlbertV

Never watched the anime movie or series but I loved this...thought it was awsome...great story, great fight scenes and the movie is paced very well..

I'm halfway through the film and love it so far. Takeru Satoh really does it well as Kenshin and I'm glad one of my favorite J-drama actors, Yosuke Eguchi, plays a righteous officer who still evokes that samurai spirit in him. Love the action so far...gonna try to finish it tonight and post my review on the main site.

OK I watch this tonight, I had gotten it on Blu-Ray and I really thought it was an excellent movie, great storyline and really good action scenes. I really hope they continue with this series, and make a sequel. Now I never seen the Anime series so I cannot comment on it, but this is a must own movie.

TV Nihon, where I get my fansubbed Super Sentai series, now has Rurouni Kenshin available :)

Two back-to-back sequels, set for release next summer, are shooting right now...Takeru Satoh returns as Kenshin and Keishi Ohtomo is back to directing them!

2014 will be the year of the live-action anime. Lupin III, Mobile Police Patlabor and Parasyte are all getting live-action reboots as well.

Lupin III marks the return of none other than Ryuhei Kitamura, and the Patlabor movie will be directed by Mamoru Oshii. Oshii isn't too great of a live-action director, but his credentials speak for themselves: he already directed the friggin' originals. This is the first time a director's doing the same work in both live-action and anime.

And.... I'm not done yet. That's not even mentioning the manga adaptations Takashi Miike and Sion Sono are working on, or Guillermo Del Toro's Monster TV Series. Good times.

the Patlabor movie will be directed by Mamoru Oshii. Oshii isn't too great of a live-action director

I wouldn't say so. Oshii has done some very good live actions, such as Stray Dogs, which I think is one of his best movies.

I'm more worried about Sono's hip hop movie and Miike's film, which http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYWBernTpU. The odds are against Kitamura delivering a good movie, too, I think... Lupin the 3rd looks like material that could bring up all of Kitamura's worst weaknesses (CGI, over-coolness, over-use of slow motion...)。Or maybe I'm just not target audience for these.

I'm a bit interested in seeing what Toyoda does with Crows Explode, though.

I don't like this film. Rurouni Kenshin had the potential for a much better movie than just a silly action flick.

Twilight Samurai is pretty much how I envisioned a Kenshin movie to be like. The action scenes are better when the characters involved are well written and acted. When you see those characters fighting you get engaged, there's emotion behind it and every punch counts.

52Dhl6gQJ2Q

The teaser to the double sequels are up!!! Ready for a shocker...The guy with the bandaged face at the tail end is...Tatsuya Fujiwara!!!!

Jeru the Damaja

When is the first movie going to get a US release? I'm a big fan of the anime and have been wanting to check this movie out. Not a fan of importing unless there are no other options.

Surprised there hasn't been a R1 of this film yet due to the Anime being popular in the market. There has been almost no Japanese films hitting the market PERIOD. At least we are getting Outrage Beyond soon.

52Dhl6gQJ2Q

The teaser to the double sequels are up!!! Ready for a shocker...The guy with the bandaged face at the tail end is...Tatsuya Fujiwara!!!!

I see Shishio, fights with Aoshi and Cho and the battle at Shengetsu village. Can't wait! As for Japanese films and wider (US) releases, I don't understand it either. Especially since this film was distributed by Warner Brothers.

Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Sequels' Principal Photography Ends

Principal photography on the two live-action Rurouni Kenshin sequel films ended on December 27. The long six months of filming began on July 1 of last year and ran in Tokyo, Kyoto, and the prefectures of Ibaraki, Yamagata, Kumamoto, Shiga, Hyōgo, Nagano, Tochigi, Chiba, and Kanagawa. The production featured 5,000 extras.

The two new films will cover the Kyoto arc from Nobuhiro Watsuki's original historical action manga. Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire) will open in Japan on August 1, and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend) will open on September 13.

I liked the 1st one. It was done pretty well without getting too out there considering the source material. Hopefully the next two will be just as good.