Request: JC Japan blurays review

Son Of A Gun

Can anybody who gets the new Jackie Chan Japanese blurays, please

post a review of the contents and picture/sound quality please? :wink:

Obviously I would just buy them anyway, but I don't have a bluray player or TV that can

handle one. :xd::sad:

This all I know at the moment.

Project A & Project A2 BOXset

Special Features

Japanese trailer, Good photo garalley, Japanese theatrical outtakes,

Extra DVD

Behind the scenes of project A (from old japanese tv program) 11minutes

Armour of God BOX

Special Features

Japanese trailer, Good photo gallery, Japanese theatrical ouutakes and original english dub

Japanese theatrical cut is included as one of the special features.

So it is SD. Opening title(English credit) and outtakes and dub may be from jp LD.

Miracles: The Canton God Father

Special Features

Japanese trailer, Good photo gallery,

Behind the scenes of Canton God Father (not from japanese tv program)

Deleted scenes (from taiwanese theatrical cut)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to update my site with these releases, i see there is a Dragons Forever and Wheels On Meals box set coming in December.

Where did you hear about the Armour Of God Blu ray having English dub?

Cant see any reference to it on Yes Asia or CD Japan.

A japanese friend told me who bought them. He said there are no original mono tracks on the blurays.

The Special features and old International version of Armour of God are on a bonus dvd, so they aren't HD.

It was a disappointment to me. The picture quality is a bit grainy, not terrible by any means, but not flawless either, better than dvd but not topnotch blu-ray quality. I kind of expected that considering the age of the films & assuming the company releasing these wasn't working from any kind of great print, but I was hoping for more in the extras department. I know from having seen bootleg copies that there were some really cool Japanese TV specials on the making of some of Jackie's classic movies (I've seen them for Project A, Armor of God 2, & Drunken Master 2), but, as is mentioned here, you get only a few minutes (with music only, no actual on location sound) on these blu-rays, I've seen much better stuff on youtube.

When I read that this set would include a 3rd bonus disc I assumed they'd have enough material to justify the extra disc, they don't come close. It seems to me there's maybe 20 minutes of bonus stuff, most of it exactly what was previously released on that dvd boxset a few years back. I was hoping for something more like the dvd special edition of First Mission/Heart of the Dragon that came out in Japan a year or so ago, this boxset isn't it. And the damn thing's expensive to boot! I wouldn't recommend it unless the price drops drastically.

Guest Markgway

I think Fortune Star are shopping monoless upscales to anyone who'll buy them. Sadly that's what we'll have to assume is the future of these films on Blu.

HK movie "special editions" rarely deliver so I guess I'm not surprised. :/ It sounded so good in the description when I heard about these releases a few months ago.

Yes, my custom dvds have the full length Project A tv specials on them. I hoped that they would be on these blurays, but sounds like they chopped one of 'em up into 11mins and put music over it. bummer.

What about the "Miracles" behind the scenes footage? What's that like?

Let me guess. It's the theatrical trailer which includes some making of stuff we already have.

P.S - The Japanese First Mission bluray is already out. I don't quite see why that would be the 3rd bonus disc of the Project A boxset. 'lol

Archived