Iceman / Iceman 3D (2014)

DiP

New trailer definitely got me more interested in seeing the movie. Curious how it will be being seperated in 2 parts.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donnie Yen Instructs Extras Personally For Perfection

Donnie Yen appeared at Central, with ancient hair style and in modern clothing, to continue shooting for the sequel of his upcoming action movie THE ICEMAN. Yen seemed to take on several occupations on the set. Aside from being the lead actor Yen is also the action director and had total control over the design of the movie's action scenes. Although he kept himself busy, he still personally instructed the extras how to punch, kick and take their marks!

The first part of THE ICEMAN franchise, with an overall budget of over HK$ 200 million, has been in production for some time. Yen as well as co-stars Simon Yam and others actors have revealed on numerous occasions that the production went over time, and so were still uncertain when the films would wrap shooting. When Yen appeared at Central in costume, some reporters asked him for questions and were told that he was shooting the sequel of THE ICEMAN. Whether Yen wanted to finish the two ICEMAN movies at once and then release them simultaneously however is not known at this point.

Around 5 PM, the film crew began prepping at the location, and around 7:30 PM Yen and his assistant showed up. Yen had a wig with long hair and put a red hair clip in his wig. The scene being shot featured Yen and a foreigner in a suit fighting each other. Although it was simple hand-to-hand fight choreography, Yen still instructed extras how to strike and take their marks before shooting started. Then he would retreat to the side, use his phone and discuss shooting with the film crew. After the extras finished the fight scene, Yen added a few close-up shots and left around 9:30 PM.

Source: http://hktopten.blogspot.se/2013/10/20131005-donnie-yen-instructs-extra.html

I have full confidence in Yen's choreography. This looks like it will have more hand-to-hand combat and weapon duels which should be a treat for those who were disappointed by Special ID.

I almost forgot about this film, it feels like it has been in post production forever. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to be released on DVD/Blu Ray.

Drunken Monk

This looks similar to "Special ID" in that the fight footage seems to be taken from maybe three or four action sequences. I wonder what the action to drama ratio will be.

With that said, that's a big fucking axe.

Donnie's "acting/action directed" movies have been like that for a good while though, containing 3-5 major set-pieces at most and sprinkles here and there. It all started with SPL, a time when he wanted to stretch his acting and knowledge in combining action with drama.

If this will be anything like Yuen Biao's movie - where you not only care about the action but also everything that happens in the story - I guess I won't complain.

New trailer. I like the look of the film. A fresh blend of CGI, wirework, real car stunts, and authentic martial arts choreography as well as gun action. I'm sold.

vtFEk3P-gqQ

Drunken Monk

I'm not going to lie, that trailer did it for me. CGI, wires and slow motion it might have but, in all in all, it looks like a ton of fun.

Drunken Monk I have to agree with you buddy...the sense I get from the trailer is a fun martial arts/action movie. Since the story itself falls into some fantasy realms it makes the wirework and more acceptable to me personally of course. :wink:

I hope the fun from the trailer shows up in the full movie.

Simon Yam Chased Donnie Yen for Two Years for “Iceman 3D”

Hong Kong actors Donnie Yen (甄子丹) and Simon Yam (任達華) recently held a promotional event for their upcoming martial arts action flick, Iceman 3D <冰封:重生之門>, during which they shared about the movie’s two-year-long filming process. Iceman 3D, which follows the story of a Ming Dynasty hero frozen in time and brought back to life in the modern era, will be released in two parts, with the first opening in theaters on April 25.

Due to Donnie’s pedantic attitude toward the movie’s action scenes and the Hong Kong government’s tardiness in approving filming permits, Iceman 3D ended up taking more than two years to wrap up filming. However, at the promotional event, Donnie shared that he had no complaints and that he had treated the two-year-long process as an exercise regime. In contrast, Simon, the majority of whose scenes fall in the second half of the film, jokingly grumbled that he had “spent two years chasing after Donnie,” longer than he had ever spent pursuing a real-life love interest.

Also present at the event was up-and-coming stuntman-turned-actor Yu Kang (喻亢), who has been Donnie’s disciple for eleven years. Because Donnie feels it is important to promote newcomers who show potential, he introduced Yu Kang to Iceman 3D’s director, Law Wing Cheong (羅永昌), who agreed that he fit the role. Yu Kang will reportedly play another Ming Dynasty character who is frozen and revived in modern times.

Source: http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/simon-yam-chased-donnie-yen-for-two-years-for-iceman-3d/#comment-358876

Archived