Iceman / Iceman 3D (2014)

DiP

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk
In the current, the HKL DVD is the best presentation of the original.

Bah, Amazon always has terrible listings of HKL releases for US customers and I don't really want to have to turn to eBay. Oh well, if that's what it takes...

Drunken Monk
You should wait for Cine Asia to re-release the HKL version

I'll probably have to, it seems. I had the old Made in Hong Kong VHS back when I lived in the UK, but I never get around to watching it, sadly. Now I'm over here, I'm saddened by how hard it is to obtain some films (without looking overseas, of course).

ShaOW!linDude

This is what I have, DM.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Iceman-Cometh/dp/B000RJOHF8/ref=sr_1_5?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333063473&sr=1-5

It's letterboxed, 114 mins., Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Cantonese and Mandarin language with English subs, and put out by Universe Laser & Video Co., Ltd. (I'm not real up to speed on dvd companies so this may be a boot but it's got a good copy if it is.

Don't know if that helps you or not.

Or there's this one. But its price is off the chain!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Iceman-Cometh-Maggie-Cheung/dp/6305371636/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333064138&sr=1-1

Drunken Monk

That version looks legit, ShaOW!linDude. I saw it yesterday and was mulling over whether to make the purchase. If you say it's a good option, I may consider it.

ShaOW!linDude

Unless someone else knows of a better option, I'd say you ought to jump on it, DM. The price is certainly right.

Guest Markgway

The Joy Sales DVD looks almost identical to the HKL and is much easier to find... however I've been unable to confirm if the Cantonese mono track is original or a downmix. That's a dealbreaker for me so if anyone knows for sure please post... Thx.

A press conference was held today. The initial cast includes Eva Huang (Kung Fu Hustle), Simon Yam and Wang Baoqiang (Assembly). Long-time Johnnie To associate Law Wing Cheong is directing the movie while Donnie will be the action director. Shooting starts this week.

https://twitter.com/TheGoldenRock/status/280608214796611584

https://twitter.com/TheGoldenRock/status/280612803658805249

http://hktopten.blogspot.se/2012/12/20121218-donnie-yen-plans-to-close.html

Donnie Yen Begins Shooting "The Iceman Cometh 3D"

9aac0a0b6292465485a5af8666285c11.jpg

After a short hiatus from his acting career, action star Donnie Yen is ready to begin a new project as the movie "Iceman Cometh 3D" began shooting yesterday in Hong Kong, chinesefilms.cn reports.

The $150 million-budgeted 3D blockbuster also stars Simon Yam, Wang Baoqiang and Eva Huang. Yen not only leads the movie, but also performs as the martial-arts choreographer for it.

"The Iceman Cometh 3D" revolves around a Captain America-like character portrayed by Yen. The heroic role and his evil foe, played by Wang Baoqiang, lived during the Ming Dynasty. Both were frozen during a fight and were defrosted in modern times where they continue their battle.

The movie is set for release in 2013.

Yen generated a lot of controversy in March for his conflict with kung fu actor Man Cheuk Chiu during the making of "The Special Identity," which was shut down after news of their fight. According to Chiu, Yen insulted his co-actors and changed the script and lines only for his own benefit.

http://www.chinesefilms.cn/141/2012/12/18/122s13197.htm

ShaOW!linDude

Sheesh! Who dressed that chick? Is she colorblind? Where's the volume control on that outfit 'cause it is loud!

Donnie Yen Stars in “The Iceman Cometh 3D”

Donnie Yen (甄子丹) has started filming his latest action movie, The Iceman Cometh 3D <3D冰封侠>, in Hong Kong this week.

Scheduled to release in 2013, the movie is a remake of Yuen Biao’s (元彪) 1989 movie The Iceman Cometh <急凍奇俠>. Donnie, who plays an imperial guard from the Ming Dynasty, and his rival, played by Wang Baoqiang (王宝强), are both caught in an avalanche and buried for centuries until being discovered. While the bodies are shipped on the way to Hong Kong for further analysis, the two are accidentally defrosted and revived, and they continue their rivalry in the modern era.

This action movie will have a comical side. After his character awakens from years of deep freeze, Donnie will be astonished and dumbfounded by modern technologies such as cars, guns, and high tech items. All of which will add amusing elements to the movie.

Explosive Scenes

Donnie revealed that there will be explosive action scenes, such as a James Bond like skiing while taking on the enemy and fighting the famous Hong Kong Special Duties Unit on the roof of the Hong Kong Police headquarters. Several of Hong Kong’s famous landmarks will be destroyed in the film.

With a budget of more than $200 million HKD, explosive action scenes and special effects galore are promised. Donnie’s style of martial arts will be further intensified by the 3D experience. In addition, he has spent numerous hours studying various weapons from the different time periods to take advantage of the filming technology.

Donnie also praised his costar, Wang Baoqiang, for his good martial arts skills. “His martial arts skills is better than all of my action choreographers,” Donnie said.

Eva Huang Gushes Over Donnie Yen

Produced by Wong Kin Sun (黄建新) and directed by Law Wing Cheong (羅永昌), The Iceman Cometh 3D’s cast also includes Simon Yam (任達華), Eva Huang (黄圣依), Mark Wu (胡耀辉), Ava Yu (雨侨), Shi Yongli (石永莉), and Jacquelin Chong (荘思敏).

This will be Eva Huang’s first time costarring with Donnie Yen. After working with Jet Li (李连杰) in The Sorcerer and The White Snake <白蛇传说>, Eva is looking forward to working with talented actors such as Donnie Yen, Wang Baoqiang, and Simon Yimon; she hopes to learn and benefit from working with them. Eva said that Donnie is one of her favorite actors.

Eva will have many fighting scenes too, even more than she had in The Sorcerer and The White Snake. To make sure her scenes are perfect, Eva spent a great amount of time training and practicing her moves. Luckily she already received some lessons from Jet Li while filming her previous movie.

The Iceman Cometh 3D features the same filming technology behind The Hobbit and The Amazing Spiderman 3D. The cameras used for The Iceman Cometh 3D are said to be the most expensive 3D Cameras available. Eva jokingly said just the prices of the cameras alone raised her expectations for the final result. Although this will be Eva’s second 3D movie, the last one being Three Days and Three Nights <三日三夜>, she still finds it to be a fascinating filming experience.

http://www.jaynestars.com/tv-and-movies/movies/donnie-yen-stars-in-the-iceman-cometh-3d/

Sheesh! Who dressed that chick? Is she colorblind? Where's the volume control on that outfit 'cause it is loud!

Jackie Chan is her fashion consultant.

Donnie Yen Suffers Cramps After “Bed” Scene in “The Iceman Cometh 3D”

Having to beat up ten black belts is nothing difficult for action star Donnie Yen (甄子丹), but when it comes to staying still for a “bed” scene, Donnie would rather take down another crowd of black belts.

New Hong Kong action film The Iceman Cometh 3D <3D冰封俠>, directed by Law Wing Cheong (羅永昌), commenced filming in Hong Kong last month. The $200 million HKD film is a remake of Yuen Biao’s (元彪) popular 1989 film The Iceman Cometh <急凍奇俠>, which was directed by Clarence Fok (霍耀良). Donnie, who also serves as the action choreographer for the remake, will star in the film alongside Wang Baoqiang (王宝强), Simon Yam (任達華), and Eva Huang (黄圣依).

The Iceman Cometh 3D is a story about two Ming Dynasty brocade guards who become frozen in ice during a fight. After their preserved bodies are discovered centuries later, they are transported to Hong Kong for further scientific research. There, they are defrosted and revived.

Donnie Yen Can’t Stay Still

Donnie and Eva were recently spotted filming a scene for The Iceman Cometh 3D in Shau Kei Wan. Donnie did well in his scenes with Eva, but when it came to filming his own nightmare scene, one camera shot took over an hour and a half to film.

The said scene, which was of Donnie have a nightmare, required Donnie to roll his eyes back and forth in his sleep. With bright lighting shining on his face and having to stay still in a physically compact environment, Donnie looked very uncomfortable and exhausted. The simple scene resulted in several outtakes.

As soon as the cameras stopped rolling, Donnie jumped out of bed and began to do stretching exercises. Donnie admitted that the scene made his body numb and gave him muscle cramps. His eyes dried quickly because of the strong camera light, and he had to use eye drops consistently.

Thankfully for Donnie, The Iceman Cometh 3D will be heavily packed in action, so he will not have to stay still for long. Donnie revealed that the crew recently sent in a request to the Hong Kong government for them to film in the colorful and grand Tsing Ma Bridge.

The Iceman Cometh 3D will feature the onscreen destruction of famous landmarks in Hong Kong. “We want to do a scene which involves a speed race between a horse and a Ferrari. If our request isn’t approved, then we will have to build our own bridge for the scene. We also need to do an explosion scene on Nathan Road, so we really need the government to work with us,” said Donnie.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/donnie-yen-suffers-cramps-after-bed-scene-in-the-iceman-cometh/

“We want to do a scene which involves a speed race between a horse and a Ferrari."

Jesus Christ, I hope that isn't as terrible as it sounds.

Archived