Battle Los Angeles

daisho2004

OK I had this movie for sometime and I just got around to watching it the other day. I really was expecting this movie to suck big time from all the negative reviews it got. But I'll tell you it was a great Sy-Fy action flick it had a great storyline and the action was non stop! Definitely a must see movie!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on that one i`ll have to disagree.

thin plotline- check (its basically 1 slice of black hawk down and call of duty with aliens)

hilariously poor character writing- check (pure stereotypes, total blands and painfully cliched models)

moderately designed action- check (barely a glimpse of ingenuity; sub par editing; ratio of noise to exciting action gold is about 80 to 20). there sure was a lot of it. too bad most of it i didnt care about.

alien design: rather corny. they work like i`d imagine a behavioural mix of apes and ants and do not have the characteristics and charisma to ever make it into the movie-aliens-hall-of-fame.

it just rumbles and roisters and offends ones intelligence intermittently.

my rating is: almost as retarded as hollywood blockbuster-action cinema can possibly get. in the same league as AvP2 or TF3 and the likes.

1 point for the gritty dose of noisy chaos it provides; which i can appreciate in healthy doses.

1 point for the few and far between substantial action moments

1 point for the screenplay not falling completely apart

3/10 - generic hollywood crap as they come straight off the drawing board.

I seen a hell of a lot worse movies than this but I have to so I seen it on DVD, if I had seen it in the movies maybe I wouldn't have enjoyed it so much!

OK I had this movie for sometime and I just got around to watching it the other day. I really was expecting this movie to suck big time from all the negative reviews it got. But I'll tell you it was a great Sy-Fy action flick it had a great storyline and the action was non stop! Definitely a must see movie!

I agree. One of the best Sci-Fi films I have seen in a while.

I saw it and while I was NOT blown away by the plot or foundation for the alien invasion (water??? there is infinitely more water in space than there is here on earth...), it was a pretty decent gun n' run action sci-fi war movie. Yes, there was some definite parallels to Blackhawk Down and the ending was a little too gun-ho for me but I thought it hit the action paces fairly well and the aliens and their crafts were done fairly well. Aaron Eckhart sold it for me. I'm ok with this kind of popcorn action flick because I don't think it was trying to be more than that. If you want something reflective, thought-provoking and brings the sci-fi action, well, District 9 is the best movie in years for that!

Archived