Jeeja Yanin/JAckie Chan comparison

Drunken Monk

I may be late to the party on this one but I hadn't seen it before.

If you recall, some of the scenes in "Chocolate" were mean to show a split screen depicting Jeeja's character emulating stars like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and, I believe, Tony Jaa. Well, this didn't end up happening but someone has taken time to splice together some Jackie moments with the action found in "Chocolate." There is some really great emulation there.

The quality is bad and the choice of music isn't exactly wonderful but, in case you were interested...

s4maSMwC2y0&

Are there any other films in which the stars purposely copy moves from other stars? I'm aware of the whole Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan thing from "City Hunter" but are there others?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The end fight in no regret, no return is move by move almost exactly the same as the end fight in heart of a dragon but the audience wasn't supposed to know. Donnie's dojo fight in the fist of fury tv series was lifted from the original. Good video btw.

ShaOW!linDude

Hey, that's kind of cool. But I imagine that you could find a # of similarities like that with other MA action stars as well. Many of them like to throw in a homage to their favorites.

I believe the motorcycle stunt of Brandon Lee in RAPID FIRE was an homage to Chan's in POLICE STORY.

Jason Yee, who directed and starred in DARK ASSASSIN with Cung Le, does a homage of Bruce Lee fighting the goons in the dungeon in front of the elevator in ENTER THE DRAGON.

Archived