Young Master : Rare Outtakes

David Rees

Here are some rare outtakes from Young Master (1980). Look at the amazing kicking power and speed of Whang In Sik.

80WmLPS4Zo4

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to judge the speed because it's sped up so much on this scene.

I'm no expert, so anyone who is, feel free to correct me, but a lot of the shots in his scene are filmed at like 16 frames per second?

sifu iron perm

that scene is probably one of my fav fight scenes in the film. My man came out with his dry lips and just went ape shit..

Great outtakes. Where did they come from?

From the Joy Sales dvd. There's 3 separate vids full of outtakes from various fight scenes.

Guest Markgway
From the Joy Sales dvd. There's 3 separate vids full of outtakes from various fight scenes.

I would've bought that disc if they hadn't fucked up the audio. :(

The Fox dvd has a new english dub, because it's the HK cut of the film, JCLeg'. :wink:

The old english dub was made to fit a longer cut of the film for Japanese cinemas but we only ever got a majorly cut down version in USA and UK. I guess they thought we couldn't handle such long fight scenes in the west.

The Japanese cinema cut has never made it to home video as far as I know. There is a Japanese television cut which is a bit longer than USA/UK version which has the dub too.

I have 3 versions of this film: Universe Laser, Fox and Fortune Star (region 3). The framing for the Fox version is messed up. Out of the 3, one would think that they could get it right. Don`t think that was the case.

Just found this on You-tube, an extra bit from the final fight, i think only in the original Taiwan release!

DcrmMCxVqDA

Just found this on You-tube, an extra bit from the final fight, i think only in the original Taiwan release!

DcrmMCxVqDA

Never seen that before

That's right. My upload. This short scene takes the place of a another scene normally seen in the HK cut. So it's not like extension, but rather a alternate scene.

sifu iron perm

is there a fan made edition of this?

The clip with the Sammo Hung reference (the victim?) was cool.think it was on the Taiwanese version?

Archived