Worst Ten Jackie Chan fliks

popsjnr

Just out of curiosity, what is it in your opinion that makes Rush Hour 3 better than Rush Hour 2? Personally, I think Rush Hour 3 is by FAR the worst of the Rush Hour series.

was it 2 or 3 where end fight takes on top of eiffel tower?That was not so bad, rest are garbage.

The Eiffel Tower fight was at the end if 3, and that was a big reason it was slightly less bad than 2: it actually had an action climax. The 2nd one might have been a little funnier, but it was so stupid and Jackie just threw one kick to beat the bad guy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
L

And popsjr, isn't the reason there was no end fight in RUMBLE because Jackie broke a bone in his foot? I could be wrong here.

Yet he definitely broke his foot making Rumble in the Bronx as you'll notice a giant shoe/shoe sock in some scenes to disguise the plastercast. I always wondered how much better the movie would be with that extra finale that would have happened.:smile: I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but it's highly visible when he waterskis, assuming I'm not mixing up my movies:smile:.

Guest Markgway

Yeah, I remember the big fight was against the gang and that occurs before the big finale/broken ankle stunt. So I don't think that accident had anything to do with it.

Yeah, I remember the big fight was against the gang and that occurs before the big finale/broken ankle stunt. So I don't think that accident had anything to do with it.

From INSIDE THE DRAGON by Clyde Gentry III: "Originally, Chan was supposed to have a final fight sequence ON TOP of the hovercraft, but due to his ankle injury, an alternative plan had to be devised." Also, it mentions the 12 day shoot was cut to 9.

Reel Power Stunts

I think you are right. Tong has stated in interviews that no "final fight" was planned but then dropped due to the injury.

From INSIDE THE DRAGON by Clyde Gentry III: "Originally, Chan was supposed to have a final fight sequence ON TOP of the hovercraft, but due to his ankle injury, an alternative plan had to be devised." Also, it mentions the 12 day shoot was cut to 9.

I thought so.

That would be the 1st Stanley Tong/Chan movie of that era to have had an end fight...who was he going to fight??

perhaps somebody who's scenes got cut out of the movie because they had to cut the end fight?

Guest Markgway

There was no one left for Chan to fight. All the gang members had turned over a new leaf (lol). Maybe there would have been MORE to the hovercraft scene but I can't see there ever having been a proper final fight of the type we're most likely imagining (ie. Jackie vs. Benny Urquidez).

Probably would of been something along the lines of supercop where jackie fought ken lo on the train, dont think it would of been a benny/jackie type fight. Thats one thing that irked me about that era of jackie, lack of big end fights. Thunderbolt, first strike, rumble, mr nice guy (they even richard norton there and he did nothing) all suffered from that. I mean i actually dont mind those flicks except thunderbolt maybe, but how much better would first strike had been if it had a balls to the wall police story 1 type finale?

Admittedly, although I've seen every movie between 78 and or so (except a handful cameos), I've missed out on pretty much all earlier and later JC films, but the ones I disliked most are:

To Kill with Entrigue

Dragon Lord (OK, but never really liked it somehow)

The Big Brawl (The absolute worst of his pre-21 century movies)

The Protector

Gorgeous

Shanghai Noon

The Tuxedo (Rock bottom)

Shanghai Knights

The Medallion

Rush Hour 3

And I don't get the hatred for Mr. Nice Guy, it's in my top 10.. Sure, the acting is laughable, the plot ridiculous and there isn't really a main good fight to talk about, but the sheer number of constant, adrenaline-filled, jaw-breaking chase scenes make this an essential JC movie in my opinion. And it's definitely so-bad-it's-good :tongue:

This guys talking some sense except Dragon Lord is an overlooked gem.

People need to see the alternate cut on the Joysales DVD....I hated the film til I saw that alt edit.

Worst films not including the Lo Wei years...

Jackie only starred in three terrible movies (all USA collaborations)

Battle Creek Brawl/Big Brawl

Tuxedo

Medallion

Other stuff Jackie (again post Lo Wei) appeared in that sucked:

The Cannonball films

Project S

The Twins Effect films

Guest Markgway

I wouldn't say Project S sucked, though I didn't like Jackie's in drag cameo.

And The Twins Effect movies were fine for what they were... teen-oriented pop horrors created to showcase the adorable Twins.

Man his role in the cannonball films were terrible/hilarious, he was cast as a japenese dude yet proceeds to speak cantonese throughout the entire movie.

I wouldn't say Project S sucked, though I didn't like Jackie's in drag cameo.

s.

I agree Project S definitely wasn't that bad, wasn't that good either but certainly doesn't plumb the depths some of Jackie's disasters. Having said that I don't think any film where Jackie only appears for one brief scene in the movie is not Jackie Chan film by any stretch of the imagination.

Archived