2. Mr. Nice Guy (Rating: 2/5)

3. The Medallion (Rating: 2/5)

4. Tuxedo (Rating: 2/5)

5. First Strike (Rating: 2/5)

6. The Accidental Spy (Rating: 2/5)

7. Shanghai Knights (Rating: 2/5)

8. The Karate Kid (Rating: 2/5)

9. Thunderbolt (Rating: 2/5)

Everything else that I've seen (that's about 30 more movies, only starring roles counted) rates higher than 2/5 (or 4/10 if that's your scale)

Rob-B-Hood

Shanghai Knights

The Tuxedo

City Hunter

Rumble in Hong Kong

Fearless hyena II

Fantasy mission force

Twin Dragons

Twins effect

Twins effect II

Around the world in 80 days

An honourable mention for "the spy next door" that I can't even bear to think about watching.

Supercop?? really?? And whats with the Shanghai Knights hate? I think its miles better than Shanghai Noon

The Tuxedo

Medallion

City Hunter

The Accidental Spy

Fantasy Mission Force

Shanghai Noon

The Spy Next Door

Rush Hour 3

Thunderbolt

Twins Effect 2

I love "City Hunter" and will happily admit that I rather enjoy "Rob-B-Hood."

My ten...

The Spy Next Door I had to turn it off)

The Tuxedo

The Medallion

Rumble in Hong Kong

Shanghai Knights

Rush Hour 3

Gorgeous

Island of Fire

Master with Cracked Fingers

That's it. I guess I haven't seen his older, terrible stuff.

I love

Island of Fire

I am not JC fanboy but island of fire is terrific...so is version of cub tiger/master with cracked fingers, version with new footage.

We've got a top ten now for a bottom ten, heres mine:

1: The Medallion

2: Tuxedo

3: First Strike

4: The Myth

6: Supercop

7: Rumble in the Bronx

8: Rob B Hood

9: Forbidden Kingdom

10: Rush Hour 1-3

To be honest, movies you mentioned are fairly crap but surely eagle shadow fist could replace some....

Twin Dragons

Really? Thats vintage chan if you ask me.

Id say the only truly awful chan movies are

Spy Next Door

The Tuxedo

The Medallion

Fantasy Mission Force

Rumble in Hong Kong

Twins Mission 1&2

(Havent seen around the world in 80 days)

The rest of his movies have some redeeming values like gorgeous which sucked as a movie but a few fantastic fight scenes.

Mr Nice Guy

The Myth

Accidental Spy

Twin Dragons

The Medallion

Spy Nice Door

Tuxedo

Gorgeous

Eagle Shadow Fist

Killer Meteors

Supercop?? really?? And whats with the Shanghai Knights hate? I think its miles better than Shanghai Noon

I know I couldn't believe it when I read Supercop...Rumble in the Bronx also! I think he meant to type Rumble in Hong Kong. And while Shanghai Noon isn't great it was so much better than Shanghai Knights. I couldn't believe they had Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan in the same film and completely wasted Yen. An utter disappointment to me.

Really? Thats vintage chan if you ask me.

The rest of his movies have some redeeming values like gorgeous which sucked as a movie but a few fantastic fight scenes.

Abe, I really thought it was bad but you never know one day I'll re-evaluate it should it appear on the telly. Gorgeous is a funny one, I kind of enjoyed it as a sweet romantic movie with a couple of very good fight scenes even though it's not really my sort of movie on the whole. It's a pity that Brad Allen (that's right isn't it?) didn't perform in more movies

No I genuinely hate Supercop, always have and always will, WOW he is dangling from a helicopter....where is the fighting???

As for Rumble in the BRONX that is Chan's sellout moment, please America love me!!! When I met Jackie in 96 I had to sit thru that godawful movie, before he arrived on stage at Planet Hollywood, Stanley Tong is my pet hate director....an end fight....whats that???

The Medallion has one redeeming thing in it, that (far TOO) short burst of crisp modern day Fatty pubwork, between Jackie and the next big thing Scott Adkins, the only proper choreography in it.

Eagles Shadow Fist isnt really Jackies movie is it??? step forward Wang Ching and his vampire donkey teeth.

Guest Markgway

I don't remember all the Lo Wei films well enough so this list begins at 1979.

Fantasy Mission Force

Fearless Hyena

The Forbidden Kingdom

New Police Story

The Protector

Rob-B-Hood

Rumble in the Bronx

Rush Hour 3

Thunderbolt

The Tuxedo

Unlike most I didn't hate The Spy Next Door because I took it for what it was... A KID'S MOVIE. You know, for kids!

sifu iron perm
No I genuinely hate Supercop, always have and always will, WOW he is dangling from a helicopter....where is the fighting???

As for Rumble in the BRONX that is Chan's sellout moment, please America love me!!! When I met Jackie in 96 I had to sit thru that godawful movie, before he arrived on stage at Planet Hollywood, Stanley Tong is my pet hate director....an end fight....whats that???

The Medallion has one redeeming thing in it, that (far TOO) short burst of crisp modern day Fatty pubwork, between Jackie and the next big thing Scott Adkins, the only proper choreography in it.

Eagles Shadow Fist isnt really Jackies movie is it??? step forward Wang Ching and his vampire donkey teeth.

Oh yeah i read rick's review in the mag about you guys meeting Chan in Planet..

Rick wanted him back to do a massive wembley arena gig..?

about his worst flicks..there s a quite a few and most of you guys covered them. :bigsmile:

masterofoneinchpunch

My ten:

The Fearless Hyena Part 2: a bit of a cheat here :).

The Protector (US Version)

Fantasy Mission Force

The Cub Tiger from Kwangtung

The Tuxedo

Rush Hour 3

The Myth

New Fist of Fury

Thunderbolt

New Police Story

Obviously there are films like Cannonball Run 2 and Police Woman/Young Tiger/Rumble in Hong Kong that belong in a bottom 10 but he is a supporting actor. This also dismisses the Twins Mission films :). Killer Meteor's is a bit of a stretch as well.

I had no issue with The Spy Next Door as well. Did not find it great, but neither that bad either.

i think he left out the "2" ..i hope.

It's one of my favourites (part 1), the training scenes and fights are excellent and it was actually one of the first HK movies I saw and so helped get me hooked on the genre. Part 2 on the other hand is unwatchable.

Admittedly, although I've seen every movie between 78 and or so (except a handful cameos), I've missed out on pretty much all earlier and later JC films, but the ones I disliked most are:

To Kill with Entrigue

Dragon Lord (OK, but never really liked it somehow)

The Big Brawl (The absolute worst of his pre-21 century movies)

The Protector

Gorgeous

Shanghai Noon

The Tuxedo (Rock bottom)

Shanghai Knights

The Medallion

Rush Hour 3

And I don't get the hatred for Mr. Nice Guy, it's in my top 10.. Sure, the acting is laughable, the plot ridiculous and there isn't really a main good fight to talk about, but the sheer number of constant, adrenaline-filled, jaw-breaking chase scenes make this an essential JC movie in my opinion. And it's definitely so-bad-it's-good :tongue:

My top ten is:

1-Shinjuku Incident

2- Rush Hour 3

3- The Karate Kid

4- Gorgeous

5- The Medallion

6-The Myth

7- The Tuxedo

8- - Looking for Jackie

9- Half a loaf of Kung Fu (I like it, but it is pretty bad)

10- Police Woman( Jackie should not be a bad guy)

Guest Markgway

I haven't even seen Fearless Hyena 2.

I just strongly disliked the original when I saw it. The worst of Jackie's films for Lo Wei IMO. The best being Dragon Fist.

I didn't consider films in which Jackie is support or has a cameo role.

Lots of surprising picks on here! This is way more interesting than the "best" thread!

1. The Tuxedo

2. Rush Hour 2

3. The Spy Next Door (kid movies can be way better than this)

4. Rush Hour 3

5. The Protector

6. New Fist of Fury

7. Fantasy Mission Force (Fascinating film, but bad.)

8. Island of Fire

9. Cub Tiger from Kwangtung

10. Mr Nice Guy

No RUMBLE IN THE BRONX, THUNDERBOLT, or SHANGHAI KNIGHTS, in my bottom ten! And popsjr, isn't the reason there was no end fight in RUMBLE because Jackie broke a bone in his foot? I could be wrong here.

Guest Markgway
And popsjr, isn't the reason there was no end fight in RUMBLE because Jackie broke a bone in his foot? I could be wrong here.

I thought it was because Stanley Tong preferred to end his films on a big stunt (see also First Strike and Police Story 3).

That said the broken foot may have been a factor if the film was being shot in order.

I thought it was because Stanley Tong preferred to end his films on a big stunt (see also First Strike and Police Story 3).

That said the broken foot may have been a factor if the film was being shot in order.

In interview he said broke ankle coz jumped to hovercraft but bad landing.Still none charácters featured in movie so far would have given good fight´.new bodyguard would have needed to introduce.well, saved few dollars in production costs:tongue:

1. The Tuxedo

2. Rush Hour 2

3. The Spy Next Door (kid movies can be way better than this)

4. Rush Hour 3

5. The Protector

6. New Fist of Fury

7. Fantasy Mission Force (Fascinating film, but bad.)

8. Island of Fire

9. Cub Tiger from Kwangtung

10. Mr Nice Guy

Just out of curiosity, what is it in your opinion that makes Rush Hour 3 better than Rush Hour 2? Personally, I think Rush Hour 3 is by FAR the worst of the Rush Hour series.

Just out of curiosity, what is it in your opinion that makes Rush Hour 3 better than Rush Hour 2? Personally, I think Rush Hour 3 is by FAR the worst of the Rush Hour series.

was it 2 or 3 where end fight takes on top of eiffel tower?That was not so bad, rest are garbage.

Archived