George Lazenby's Golden Harvest Films: Stoner, Man From Hong Kong & Queen's Ransom

mpm74

ironfistedmonk

Stoner - a HK James Bondish style movie starring a former James Bond.

Another good Sammo Hung action directed Angie Mao basher, good fight between her and Whang In Sik at the end, and George Lazenby did well in his many fight scenes.

I'm surprised more of the early Golden Harvest stuff isn't being picked up by some of the new labels out there, we could do with a few more releases like the Hapkido/Lady Whirlwind Eureka release

• Like 7

I'd buy a George Lazenby double feature of Stoner & Queen's Ransom immediately. Or they can throw in Man From Hong Kong and make it a triple.

• Like 6

ironfistedmonk
21 hours ago, saltysam said:

I'd buy a George Lazenby double feature of Stoner & Queen's Ransom immediately. Or they can throw in Man From Hong Kong and make it a triple.

I watched Queens Ransom a few weeks back, that would be a nice double feature, not sure if I've seen Man From Hong Kong yet? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

not sure if I've seen Man From Hong Kong yet? 

You should ! I think that I have a double, if you are interested. Great movie.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

I watched Queens Ransom a few weeks back, that would be a nice double feature, not sure if I've seen Man From Hong Kong yet? 

You’re missing out!

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw

I watched MFHK a few weeks ago and Lazenby really impressed me. He looked pretty good during the fight scenes too.

• Like 2

Finally sat down and watched Stoner. I wanted to like this more than I did. I thought it was going to be wall-to-wall sleaze whenever punches weren't being thrown, but it's a lot of walking around, investigating places, and characters occasionally having conversations. The sleaze is mainly relegated to the beginning and a bit where the bad guys are at a party and the serving girls are wearing these strange dressed that don't have a back and have holes for their boobs to hang out of. George Lazenby sells his fights in a "choreographed brawling" sort of way. Angela doesn't even fight until more than an hour into the film. The two don't even meet up until past the 70-minute mark. And it is weird to watch a former 007 look at Angela Mao with rape-y eyes. The finale is the best part.

Shaolin Patriot

I like the Eureka blu-ray artwork. Haven't seen the film, but very intrigued. 

81Xo-j3qTbL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

saltysam

A Queen's Ransom

Big bad George Lazenby recruits a gang of villains ,including Jimmy Wang Yu and Bolo, with intent to assassinate the visiting King and Queen of United Kingdom.  Angela Mao,Charles Heung, Han Ying Chieh and Dean Shek intend to stop them. This film gets a bad rep, i quite like it,though it is slow going early on. George is a real bastard in this one! The new Eureka disc looks very nice, i watched the HK Cut,there's also an export version on the disc.

• Like 2

AlbertV
17 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Finally called it quits today.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 21-06-44 Home _ X.png

His final film is this one coming soon, where he plays the President of the U.S. 

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
On 7/25/2024 at 5:15 AM, Yihetuan said:

Finally called it quits today.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 21-06-44 Home _ X.png

Hopefully it's just a case he wants to enjoy his final years in peace, rather than something serious.