Special ID (2013)

DiP

Donnie Yen talks about some of the problems with "Special ID," including a Collin Chou fight that was cut...

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/11/donnie-yen-teaches-action-star-101-reveals-troubles-with-special-id.html

Was there meant to be a fight between you and Collin Chou, who costars in SPECIAL ID? I think a lot of fans hoped for a FLASH POINT rematch.

DY: I invited Collin to... It was like this, I put the cast together at the last second. Collin came. There was supposed to be a fight between him and the girl in the toilet, right? But then we had a discussion and he told me his concern that he felt that if he would end up fighting this fragile girl, that he would kind of lose face. So I said, "Okay, I'll tell you what, I'll cut it out," so that's what I did. As I was telling you, there was a lot of problems in the completion of this movie, so at the end of the day I wished it could've fully developed as I wanted it to.

This answer doesn't make sense. He says the Collin / Girl in toilet scene was cut because Collin felt he would lose face beating up a girl.

1. The cut I've seen has this scene so what is he talking about?

2. This answer doesn't say there was any fight filmed between Collin and Yen.

This answer doesn't make sense. He says the Collin / Girl in toilet scene was cut because Collin felt he would lose face beating up a girl.

1. The cut I've seen has this scene so what is he talking about?

2. This answer doesn't say there was any fight filmed between Collin and Yen.

thats exactly what I was thinking!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wow, that was fast. Packaging doesn't look too bad. I like it. Please give us a thumbs up or down when you're done watching it.

kingofkungfu2002
Blu-ray arrived just in time! I know what I'm watching tonight. A little disappointed with the cheap packaging. :squigglemouth:

I've noticed that some companies lately don't include a dvd sleeve cover if they have a slipcover :squigglemouth:

I've got to chime in and show this film some love. it wasn't garbage at all! while not as good as SPL or Flash Point it was still a satisfying Donnie Yen movie

I've noticed that some companies lately don't include a dvd sleeve cover if they have a slipcover :squigglemouth:

No sleeve cover is just plain wrong, feels like the companies is saving money at the expense of the consumers.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I've got to chime in and show this film some love. it wasn't garbage at all! while not as good as SPL or Flash Point it was still a satisfying Donnie Yen movie

There's still hope out there, yeah!!!!!

I liked it. By no means a masterpiece but a solid actioner with reasonably gripping story and good to spectacular action scenes. I prefer SPECIAL ID to FLASH POINT, mainly because the action is more evenly spread.

Good action film.Similar to flash point. I was suprised i enjoyed this as got negative reviews on here, I prefer this type of film to the grandmaster which was praised on this site by some as a classisc and was so boring.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'd rather fuck myself with broken glass than watch it again.

That's a bold statement.

Good action film.Similar to flash point. I was suprised i enjoyed this as got negative reviews on here, I prefer this type of film to the grandmaster which was praised on this site by some as a classisc and was so boring.

You see my Kung Fu brethren, there's still hope out there. Not everything is lost, you still got a fighting chance, Special I.D is rather Special, don't let it die just yet, you can do it brothers!!!

You see my Kung Fu brethren, there's still hope out there. Not everything is lost, you still got a fighting chance, Special I.D is rather Special, don't let it die just yet, you can do it brothers!!!

Despite my disappoint, I still think it's a film every fan should see and I will definitely buy it at some point. It should not be dismissed at all as it's still an entertaining movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Despite my disappoint, I still think it's a film every fan should see and I will definitely buy it at some point. It should not be dismissed at all as it's still an entertaining movie.

And I have yet to see it. I think I enjoy the comments in this thread probably more than the movie itself, lol..

So the blu ray has no scenes with Collin vs. Yen right?!

I've already posted my review (7/10). The problem, is Donnie Yen copped out so bad. Leaving the rest of the movie as it is: After the tea house fight when he is in the street before the the lady cop Fan Jing comes in with a gun.....

I'm sorry, but Yen should have kicked some a$$ to show he still the best in the game. It's just a cop out to NOT have an awesome fight scene there especially with all those promos of all the action like these:

special-id-rain.jpg

special-id-1.jpg