Celestial Shaw Brother trailers

blue_skies

I was wondering what other people thought of these trailers? I've watched quite a few on the DVDs I've been watching and many have not been very impressive at all. It was only when I started watching some of the trailers that I'd seen the actual films for (various venoms movies), that I realised the trailers really don't sell the movies or at least the amazing venoms movies I watched, the trailers hardly gave any indication of how fantastic the fight scenes would be. Is it me or are they missing a trick?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't think they're that bad. They are edited to a modern pace. But that being said, the original Shaw trailers weren't that bad after all for films from their time period.

Most of the Celestial trailers seem to be cut down versions of the original HK trailers, I agree that they dont sell the movies to their full effect-its almost like whoever recut the new trailers intentionally left out the best parts of the old ones???

Those 1 min trailers are damn unimpressive mostly. Masked Avengers is great movie, you could not get a hint about that from trailer.

Most of the Celestial trailers seem to be cut down versions of the original HK trailers, I agree that they dont sell the movies to their full effect-its almost like whoever recut the new trailers intentionally left out the best parts of the old ones???

I wonder why? I always find getting a good dose of the fight scenes, obviously not too much, gives you a good taster. I'm sure most of the guys around here have seen most of these films before anyway but as someone new to Shaw Bros, trailers are important to try and narrow down from the board's recommendations.

Killer Meteor
Most of the Celestial trailers seem to be cut down versions of the original HK trailers,?

They are not. They don't seem to share any resemblance to their 70's counterparts.

In general they are too rushed and unfocused, but I do like the ones for DEAD END, BRUCE LEE AND I, NEW GAME OF DEATH and KUNG FU INSTRUCTOR. Worst? Well, the one for HAVE SWORD, WILL TRAVEL was a mess, lots of looped moments and dubbed on Bruce Lee cries.

Archived