The Legend of Bruce Lee 9th January 2012

johnoverall

Until the TV series is made available, subtitled and in full, this feature-length release from Revolver Entertainment UK will do just fine.

Apparently there are two different cuts of the movie version, not sure which one the UK one is.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me and let me know what labels they're on, differences etc?

I've also posted an image gallery for the UK release if anyone wants to take a look

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about this to be perfectly honest, I saw a You Tube clip with a fight involving Mark Dacascos and it really wasn't very impressive. I'm also fairly sure that forum members who have seen it were really disappointed adding to my lack of interest.

Truly awful series. Avoid in my opinion.

I Completely agree , god knows what possessed them to make this crap.

The Mark Dacascos fight was one of the few highlights IMO.

The best lookalike ever in the worst version ever.

i`ve just been sick a little bit. time to leave this subject

I managed to pick up the entire series very cheaply from a store in Hong Kong last year, it was unsubbed but I thought it'd be worth watching for the action scenes. I watched three episodes in full and then skimmed through several more just fast forwarding to the fights and was surprised at just how bad it was considering the people, time and money involved in the production. I couldn't bring myself to even watch the action stuff in each episode (of which there seemed to be very little) and I ended up throwing the discs in the bin. I suppose a heavily edited version might at least prove to be watchable but I certainly couldn't recommend it.

If the series was meant to portray Bruce as a mere fighter, it fails miserably (just by looking at the fight scenes). Either way, it looks like a mess.

Watch Bruce Lee My Brother instead. It's the most faithful thing on Bruce Lee's life you will get for now.

ShaOW!linDude

Guys....ya'll are starting to make me feel nauseous. I picked up the movie version (which clocks in at over 3 hrs) of this a couple of weeks ago but have yet to crack the cellophane on it. And I don't know that I can lay my hands on the receipt.

The only reason I bothered with this is due to the preview I saw which featured fights with characters played by Mark Dacascos, Michael Jai White, and Gary Daniels. Are they no good?

Guys....ya'll are starting to make me feel nauseous. I picked up the movie version (which clocks in at over 3 hrs) of this a couple of weeks ago but have yet to crack the cellophane on it. And I don't know that I can lay my hands on the receipt.

The only reason I bothered with this is due to the preview I saw which featured fights with characters played by Mark Dacascos, Michael Jai White, and Gary Daniels. Are they no good?

In this edited version Michael Jai White doesn't even fight. :tinysmile_angry2_t: It's a small scene where he appears... I think there was more but cut.

P.S.: I understand he was to be playing Muhammed Ali!

Daniels' scene is not bad...

The Dacascos fight was ok, certainly not as good as i'd hoped but I suppose it was entertaining. I think the problem was the choreography didn't seem to know what direction it was going in and so fighters would move from realistic to wire assisted fantasy during the course of a scene and it just didn't look right. Actually as I mentioned a heavily edited version just concentrating on the action might still be worth a viewing as I think that in its original format (50 episodes) it moved at a very slow pace and so was pretty boring.

ShaOW!linDude

Hmmm.......okay.

Well, that sux about MJW not having a bigger role or fight scene. The Daniels fight wasn't bad and Dacascos' fight was entertaining, eh? Might be worth it to watch 'em. Looked for the receipt and I've already trashed it. Don't think MovieStop will let me return it without one and the difference in trade value with it unopened ain't going to be much better than if I watch it and swap it.

I see what you're saying about the presentation of the fights. I noticed that in the preview. Some seemed realistic, some.....exaggerated, I guess you could say. I hate wire-worky stuff but these appeared to be beneath that grand wuxia scale. I may eat those words though.

I was going to open this up and view half tonight and half tomorrow night. May wait a bit. Got something else to watch today.

Wow, some pretty damning comments for this production, which I'll keep in mind. Having watched decades of low-rent cinema from different genres I think I'm suitably prepared for when I finally check it out. I enjoyed Young Bruce Lee, aside from the curiously fabricated drug theme at the end, so I was kind of hoping for more of the same. Perhaps the extras will have something of greater value on offer.

Hmmm.......okay.

Well, that sux about MJW not having a bigger role or fight scene. The Daniels fight wasn't bad and Dacascos' fight was entertaining, eh? Might be worth it to watch 'em. Looked for the receipt and I've already trashed it. Don't think MovieStop will let me return it without one and the difference in trade value with it unopened ain't going to be much better than if I watch it and swap it.

I see what you're saying about the presentation of the fights. I noticed that in the preview. Some seemed realistic, some.....exaggerated, I guess you could say. I hate wire-worky stuff but these appeared to be beneath that grand wuxia scale. I may eat those words though.

I was going to open this up and view half tonight and half tomorrow night. May wait a bit. Got something else to watch today.

SD, I would watch it as soon as possible then if it does turn out to be complete garbage you can get rid of it quicker while the price still remains higher. Once the bad reviews come flooding in and No one wants it, you'll lose even more money on the deal.:smile:

additionally I had this thought, I don't know how things work in the states but while shops are not legally required to give a refund when you return items without a receipt. Sometimes you'll find a shop will let you exchange for another item. Worth a try if it's not any hassle getting back to the shop.

Archived