Old school Jackie Chan DVD question

INCspot

I notice that of all of the editions of Jackie Chan's older movies (pre-Snake in the Eagle's Shadow) that he made for Lo Wei, it seems like while there are English, French, German, Japanese, and American releases, it doesn't seem like there are any Hong Kong versions of these older movies - or if there are, they're pretty rare (like the Winners Video release of Shaolin Wooden Men). Jackie's Lo Wei movies aren't as good as some of his later work, but they're still entertaining, and it surprises me that companies like Mei Ah or Deltamac don't release these movies like they have Dragon Lord, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, etc.

Is there a reason for this? Rights issues, lack of interest in Jackie's older films, etc.?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that there is a pretty good Hong Kong Legends version of "New Fist of Fury" that you might want to check out. But bear in mind that it is Region 2.

I think its just lack of Interest in Hong Kong. There was a good remastered HK dvd of Fearless Hyena and a Korean remastered release of Spiritual Kung Fu Available.

I know that there is a pretty good Hong Kong Legends version of "New Fist of Fury" that you might want to check out. But bear in mind that it is Region 2.

I have this is region 4 also.

Hong Kong Legends also released Fearless Hyena, Magnificent Bodyguards, Spiritual Kung Fu, Shaolin Wooden Men & Snake And Crane Arts Of Shaolin.

EDIT: Sorry I just realized you said pre-Snake In The Eagles Shadow

Archived