What are some of your favorite zany Kung Fu comedies??

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm talking about comedy all the way through up until someone fights the villain at the end of the movie and then it become some serious ass whoopin...

Drunken Tai Chi- The one scene where the guy was forced to swallow the whistle and then his buddies mistakenly thought that was the signal to shoot the fireworks, lol.. Then he spits the whistle out and throws it at an owl... My sides was hurting from watching that, an owl being hit with a whistle is freaking hilarious, lol....

A couple of my favorites are:

"Half a Loaf of Kung-Fu" Starring Jackie Chan

This is one messed up movie( I mean that in a good way). It has crazy plot twists and crazier characters, but the fighting is pretty good.

"Kung-Fu Hustle" Starring Stephen Chow

It's a really good movie that has one of the best end fight scenes I have ever seen.

I think Goose Boxer made me laugh the hardest. Good story, characters and fighting in that one, too.

The Fearless Hyenna I thought was Jackie's best and funniest of the 70s, even over Drunken Master.

I don't usually find Sammo's brand of humor to be funny, but The Victim had me going. I especially laughed at the "vampire" sequence. One of my favorite overall films from Three Hairs.

gravedigger666

Dance of drunken mantis...forget snake ihes and drunken master, this one is proper.Simon Yuen and HJL are in top form.

Well, maybe not too comedic but I fell from chair when Rednose visited chinese scrooge and in other scene he watched with envy when HJL drinked wine.

The Fearless Hyenna I thought was Jackie's best and funniest of the 70s, even over Drunken Master.

FEARLESS HYENNA is my favourite of all of Jackie's films.

hm, i suppose, in this thread we will learn, that yuen clan rules supreme in said category.

how bout HEROIC FIGHT for instance. big fun. even bigger fun for ppl that love to get baked while watching movies. yuen folks were probably baked as hell while making the bloody movie. :angel:

Yeah the yuens must of been doing some crazy stuff to make some of the movies they did. Taoism Drunkard is one that sticks out to me, totally bizarre. Some of those elton chong/mike wong movies fit in this category pretty well too.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Oh and anything starring Dragon Lee, I know it's not meant to be comedy in his movies but damn the shit he be doing and the acting is some gut busting hilariousness....

I think Dragon on Fire/Enter Three Dragons and Clones of Bruce Lee are two of the funniest-unintenionally I grant you-Kung Fu flicks ever made...with the ropey dubwork and "plots" that defy description.

Classic crap chat from Dragon on Fire-Bruce Cheung to Cheung Nik:

"I am Dragon Hung"

"We know a Dragon Yung"

"Well I am Dragon Hung"

Like Shakespeare isnt it?and a classic exchange between Ko Fei and Fong Yeh:

"2nd Brother were those bastards any good?"

"They were very good but still they were no match for me" and the Oscar for best screenplay goes to...

And Jon Benn's rubbish scientist in Clones, able to use Bruce's DNA to create three Bruce clones, that look nothing like him without their cool 70's shades on??? Are sunglasses a part of DNA???

"Oh Doctor Ngai....thank you for letting me work for you!...ohhhh Doctor Ngai!!"

Cognoscente

Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog.

Dean Shek wasn't annoying in this one. He was the least weird thing in this movie!

• Like 2