Request: Theatrical Print of Enter the Dragon

sdog2006

This is the first release

picture.php?albumid=202&pictureid=6554

I have this.

:nerd:

I remeber when everything un certified got taken off the shelfs.

There was this big video shop in rotherham it put everything that was for sale in this little room downstairs, i was brought up with manners so i let this woman go ahead of me. she went straight to the only copy of fist of fury.. gutted once again. lol

Drats!!!

The fact you can recall those events show how much it meant to you. She probably tossed or erased over the thing in a year's time...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dbmaster514
She probably tossed or erased over the thing in a year's time...

I remember when I found The Killer on VHS at a pawn shop ten years ago, bought it and took home only to find that 'Thirty Something' was recorded over it. I still have nightmares about it.

Guest Markgway
I remember when I found The Killer on VHS at a pawn shop ten years ago, bought it and took home only to find that 'Thirty Something' was recorded over it. I still have nightmares about it.

That should be a criminal offence.

dbmaster514
That should be a criminal offence.

Indeed, I have had that happen to me more than enough times to make me wonder if they were too cheap to buy a blank tape?

BTW, I just transfered my laserdisc to a DVD9 just working on restoring the original red Warner Communications logo.

Indeed, I have had that happen to me more than enough times to make me wonder if they were too cheap to buy a blank tape?

BTW, I just transfered my laserdisc to a DVD9 just working on restoring the original red Warner Communications logo.

Where are you located? What method do you use to transfer the LD to DVD? I am in the UK and it is really difficult to transfer an NTSC LD to a PAL DVD recorder! I use an old Liteon DVD recorder as it accepts NTSC input, problem is it is pre 2005 and the compression quality isn't great!

dbmaster514
Where are you located? What method do you use to transfer the LD to DVD? I am in the UK and it is really difficult to transfer an NTSC LD to a PAL DVD recorder! I use an old Liteon DVD recorder as it accepts NTSC input, problem is it is pre 2005 and the compression quality isn't great!

I am in the USA. I use a magnavox Mrv 640, it only records to DVD5s but I merged them and edited out the menus and replaced the Warner logo on the computer (Also made it 16:9 anamorphic widescreen). Its very hard to find a dual layer recorder here, they are very rare.

Used to own the laserdisc years ago,moved it on.Seem to recall Video Watchdog reviewing it and saying the framing was really poor on the transfer.

dbmaster514
Used to own the laserdisc years ago,moved it on.Seem to recall Video Watchdog reviewing it and saying the framing was really poor on the transfer.

Must have been the fullscreen release. I have the letterboxed version.

Must have been the fullscreen release. I have the letterboxed version.
nope,it was the letterboxed version they reviewed.the reviewer said it was framed poorly. Still,probably the best version of the theatrical cut out there.

i was under the assumption that you needed a 35mm print or even a 16mm rental from warners back in the day that are floating about. i know film is an outdated/expensive medium, but you do very often come across what you want plus a whole lot more! I do have an original 35mm print of Enter The Dragon from 1973. I don't even really need it restored. it is in great condition, given a few minor flaws that make it all the more real on the big screen.

Tigerstyles
i was under the assumption that you needed a 35mm print or even a 16mm rental from warners back in the day that are floating about. i know film is an outdated/expensive medium, but you do very often come across what you want plus a whole lot more! I do have an original 35mm print of Enter The Dragon from 1973. I don't even really need it restored. it is in great condition, given a few minor flaws that make it all the more real on the big screen.

Drooling..... I paid to see a screening recently at a local Cinema and it was the Blu Ray projected.. boy was I pissed off

I'm going to The Edinburgh Filmhouse on April 16th to see what is apparently a NEW digitally restored transfer of Enter the Dragon. I will let you all know how it looks.

Guest Markgway
I'm going to The Edinburgh Filmhouse on April 16th to see what is apparently a NEW digitally restored transfer of Enter the Dragon.

Or Blu Ray...

Why not put your "warts n' all" version onto a limited edition (no-profit) dvd. Maybe everyone here who wants one (me included) would be willing to chip in to have it transferred. i know Warner's wouldn't be happy, but seeing as they don't seem to want to do it....?

Or Blu Ray...

The Edinburgh Filmhouse has a "great" name so I would sincerely hope not. Either way I will level with you guys when I review it.

Why not put your "warts n' all" version onto a limited edition (no-profit) dvd. Maybe everyone here who wants one (me included) would be willing to chip in to have it transferred. i know Warner's wouldn't be happy, but seeing as they don't seem to want to do it....?

Count me in IF that's possible

I'm in too :bigsmile:

I'd definitely chip in for such a fantastic cause.

I also have some ETD bits and bobs on DVD, if you'd like them as extras. :bigsmile:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'd definitely chip in for such a fantastic cause.

I also have some ETD bits and bobs on DVD, if you'd like them as extras. :bigsmile:

And nice stuff it is too! :nerd: Thanks for always being so sharing Karlos. :wink:

Archived