Bruce Lee bustin hung gar shapes

FrankBolte

I have never seen those :

308494_2073150747910_1219141252_31728874_1402436029_n1.jpg

here he does clearly some crane applications from the tiger and crane set

317353_2075807134318_1219141252_31731272_904149757_n.jpg

ok this could be from any style..reverse flat punch..in hung gar known as either ping choi (level7flat punch) or also known as black tiger stealing the heart...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont forget Bruce supposedly had the three Lam Sai Wing books in his collection, so he could have learned various techniques from that, and he also used to try to "learn" from students of famous si-fu of different styles (they'd have a little spar and Bruce would pressure them into using their best techniques to stop him)...so its not a surprise that he knew a little Hung Gar (theres a photo of him wearing the same stripy trousers, as in the ping chui photo, doing what looks like Chow Gar Tong Long/Southern Mantis).

Theres a story Edward Chan Ka Wang (son of my si-gung Chan Hon Chung) tells of knowing Bruce Lee when they were both school kids (though in different schools) and Bruce asking Edward Chan to introduce him to his father coz he wanted some lessons and Chan Hon Chung refusing to teach Bruce.

I have seen both the photos before, especially the Crane move on Taky Kimura, I think they were featured on Death by Misadventure-1993.

Bruce lee did display some tiger and crane in the old black and white clipped interview when he was interviewing for a charlie chan series that did not come out; this interview can be seen in numerous documetaries on bruce. So I know he was very well versed in different types of martial art forms.

Archived