Black & White: Episode 1: The Dawn of Assault

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

This is a Taiwanese show that is getting a big screen treatment with some of its original cast members. This looks pretty boss and is helped by Luc Besson's stunt team. Here's a link to the trailer.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/10/first-trailer-for-taiwanese-police-actioner-black-white-episode-i-the-dawn-of-assault.php

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a while since this movie came out and went completely under my radar. Then, one day when I was looking at Cyril Raffaelli's filmography, I saw this film listed. So, out of curiosity I decided to give it a try. It left me with mixed feelings.

Fight choreo sucked for the most part. Nicky Li did some choreo, too (and I think, I even know what parts he choreographed, cause those parts were lifted from Jackie Chan's movies.) One fight was somewhat decent and I wouldn't be surprised if it was choreographed by Cyril.

Action sequences were generic and obviously done with severe budget limitations. At times it really bugged me. However, 40 minutes into the movie it got me interested. The final part with the plane was the best, IMO. I thought it looked good and not as cheap as the rest of the movie and it was nicely paced. I would say, it saved the movie.

BTW, girls were pretty, too which is also a plus.

Overall, the most surprising part was the fact that the movie was shot on a tiny budget and in some parts looked as good as any modern movie made on much bigger budget...

I'm surprised nobody posted about this film yet

kcCgMlm6Z84

Overall, the most surprising part was the fact that the movie was shot on a tiny budget and in some parts looked as good as any modern movie made on much bigger budget...

Well, it's one of the most expensive Taiwanese action movies ever, so I wouldn't call the budget tiny. I'd rather wonder, given the budget, why the CGI are so goddamn lame, especially the plane-fx. I saw better ones in Asylum-flicks.

On the other hand, I liked the movie quite much, very entertaining buddy action with solid shootouts, good fights, huge explosions, at least okay-ish actors and an efficient story. I liked it even better than Dante Lams VIRAL FACTOR.

Archived