Off Topic:28 Days Later!Another Crappy Zombie film!!

Guest 1Secondkiller

Guest 1Secondkiller

I just saw 28 Days Later.Based on that damn Ad-line,"Scary as Hell".

Trust me this film sucks.

I,m real pissed with these Art-House type Horror films about Zombies.Claiming it,s Scary.And all the good things we,ve come to expect in a horror film.

The film goes way low under the rader and use attempted Rape on 2 female characters.One who starts the film strong and turns into a helpless kitten by films end.

If you want to see a very good[New] film with real scary Zombies get JUNK:Everybody Fights.The Zombies in the film are scary and gory.And the story rocks.

28 Days Later is a big fat 0.There is nothing good I can say about this film.>:

Now I have the thrist for Romero,s Dead Series.And a nasty film called "Children Should Play With Dead Things"...

Oh yeah hummm.......:D

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monwobobbo

although i didn't think 28 days later was all that great it is NOT a zombie movie. the people have the rage they aren't dead. there really is no comparision to a "real " zombie film. as for CSPWDT except for the very end that is a pretty sucky flick.

Guest gorlank

Children Shouldn't Play scared the bejeezus out of me when I saw it on Channel 9 when I was a little kid. When I saw it as an adult, I realized it was okay at best. A couple of creepy scenes like the awful screams of the dude who was going to run for help but gets chomped on by the female zombie. 28 Days Later isn't that bad, very cool concept and the beginning is very eerie. Didn't like the ending and the whole gang rape to save society plotline. The dvd is supposed to have three different endings including the original downbeat one.

I love Fulci myself, and the Beyond is a personal fave. Sure, it makes no sense but it is an awfu lot of fun.

Guest I am 138

Best zombie movie (after NOTLD which will never be passed ever) is Zombie Holocaust/Doctor Butcher, MD because it also has CANNIBALS!

28 Days Later did have a hokey ending, but I really liked it. All the shots of London abandoned were amazing, and the infection spreading so quickly once someone's come into contact with it was cool. No namby-pamby "Will you kill me if I turn?" fluff here. It's probably more comparable to Romero's The Crazies then a zombie movie. Also, I don't think the filmmakers were presenting gang rape for society as a worthwhile cause...

But maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

Guest gorlank

hi 138,

I didn't mean to infer the filmakers were condoning the concept of rape to replenish society. I just didn't care for it as a plot device. The shots of a deserted London were pretty amazing, just wished there were more zombie action and less of the homicidal soldiers.

Guest limubai2000

That is 2 hours of my life I will never get back and had no redeeming value what-so-ever!!

That movie was a horrible waste of film! Cutting edge? Hardly. Good acting? Hardly.

My $.66NT

Guest HungKuen

I loved 28 Days Later! The only thing didn't like was the ending which seemed a little bit off, but other than that; great movie!

Oh, and as said above; it's not a Zombie-film!

Guest rob g rob

Didn't I tell you guys 28 days later wasn't a good movie a

couple of months ago and that anyone that saw the movie should warn their family and friends before buying the DVD>: >: >: >: >: >:

Guest limeyninja

I loved 28 Days Later, but I can understand it isn't for everyone. And no, it is not a zombie movie, it is an end of the world, post-apocolyptic movie. And as for the ending, well, they were forced to shoot the original ending, in which the dude dies and the two girls wonder off together. THat is why it doesn't fit, and all of a sudden it switches from a DV film to a 35mm film. When I saw it, it had both endings in it.

Guest rob g rob

there's not very many that I like,because most of the recent

movies depend to much on computer special effects the ring for one example I was more creep out at ringu and it didn't

have the computer effects.but to answer you I guess Freddy vs Jason and dream catcher:rolleyes

Guest eskimo225

While not recent, came out on DVD a year ago, "Dog Soldiers" is a decent horror film that i like watching. Then again the only horror films i watch are old or whatever recent "horror" films Hollywood churns out from their crap factory. Also not recent but good "Return of the Living Dead 3" is another film i'd recommend, the zombies look cool in this one.

www.dvdverdict.com/review...ldiers.php

www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?id=5015

Archived