once upon a time in the west= the best film

Guest AndyBronson

Guest AndyBronson

what are your views on this film i think it is the best film ever made but a lot of people i know havent seen it and most havent heard of it. i belive that anyone who watches this movie must see it in wide screen and it has to be uncut

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mantis2k

I'm waiting for this to be released on DVD, but there's no news yet.

I also agree it's the best Spaghetti Western, but my friend rates it 2nd because it is mainly a drama, and doesn't have enough action:-

Kills:

Harmonica - 7

Frank - 5

Cheyenne - 3

other - 4

For A Few Dollars More

Kills:

Monco - 11

Mortimer - 6

Indio - 6

other - 17

However, I still prefer Once Upon A Time because it's an all-rounder!

Guest AndyBronson

i have also been waiting for this to be released on dvd do you know what distribution company owns this film and how to contact them

Guest mantis2k

nah... I don't know but fans have definitely been bugging them to release it. Hopefully, they will do a director's cut with new dubbing or have deleted scenes (like MGM did with Good, bad, Ugly).

Guest Dion Brother

It's been circulating for years that Paramount has been negotiating with the Leone estate for the longer version discovered after his death. I hope it's true, but keep in mind Paramount waited until the dying days of laserdisc to release it in widescreen, even though it topped the polls for years as the most requested film to be letterboxed on laserdisc.

Guest AndyBronson

I just read on a imdb forum that once upon a time in the west will be released on dvd late 2003/ early 2004.

i wonder if this will be the longer version

Guest rudolph

I haven't seen it yet, but I'd love to see it restoed on DVD. BTW. Those kill numbers you guys print? Where does that come from, and "other" refers to supporting cast killing people?

Archived