Dragon Dynasty 4 pack?

waywardsage

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Damn these dvd companies always do this special 4-pack shit right after I buy the single ones... I need to learn my lesson and just wait until they release it in packs especially the dragon dynasty and the tokyo shock labels...

I had seen that they were going to do this when Arc Entertainment announced they were going to distribute the Dragon Dynasty films. I thought I'd posted a thread on this.

Since they did this with their first 4 releases, I assumed they'll do it with the following 4 and the Guillotine films as well. So i'm going to own the packs. Hopefully, they're slimbook cases that will help save shelf space!

ShaOW!linDude

I've not seen that at my local Walmart yet. Or maybe I just keep looking over it. I have 2 of the 4 already but I'd sooner score this and trade off the other 2.

I've not seen that at my local Walmart yet. Or maybe I just keep looking over it. I have 2 of the 4 already but I'd sooner score this and trade off the other 2.

SD, out of curiosity which of the two films do you already have and enjoy?I'm guessing Martial Arts of Shaolin and one other.

If you click the link to Walmart.com above it says you can get free shipping to store, then asking you to input your zip code. That could be a way to make sure you get it in your local store?:smile:

ShaOW!linDude

You're correct on about Martial Arts of Shaolin (my present copy is probably a boot). The other I have is Mad Monkey Kung Fu. The other 2 I've never seen.

Hmmm, I didn't notice the free shipping to the store. May do that. I'm in no rush though right now.

You're correct on about Martial Arts of Shaolin (my present copy is probably a boot). The other I have is Mad Monkey Kung Fu. The other 2 I've never seen.

Hmmm, I didn't notice the free shipping to the store. May do that. I'm in no rush though right now.

I've noticed quite a few people mentioning "mad monkey kung fu" recently, I'm really looking forward to seeing that.:tongue:

Offers like that make me wish I was in the States $20 for four movies, can't be bad!:smile:

masterofoneinchpunch

I already picked up all four and watched them. I did not want to wait for the four-pack, but yeah it is a little annoying that they released that so soon. All four are good-to-great (I think anyone who has not seen Mad Monkey Kung Fu will enjoy it)

$20 seems a bit steep. I am sure it will drop in price soon.

Also, I have noticed Dragon Dynasty films seem to lack special features on their newer releases. Is this because Bey Logan is no longer with them?

A bit steep :ooh: When these first came out they were $10-17(ish) each (as usual)...all 4 for $20 is a STEAL ;)

Wal-Mart is often quick to drop prices on items like this though or you can get them cheaply off of amazon if you are patient.

I am a stickler though. Call me Cheap Charlie or Cheap Travis.

Btw, Wal-Mart recently had a Dolph Lundgren 3 pack for only $5.

Btw, Wal-Mart recently had a Dolph Lundgren 3 pack for only $5.

You're comparing a non-bootleg Shaw bundle pack to a Dolph Lundgren 3 pack????:yociexp57:

You're comparing a non-bootleg Shaw bundle pack to a Dolph Lundgren 3 pack????:yociexp57:

Not really, I would buy the Dolph Lundgren 3 pack. I might netflix the others if they have them.

Also, I saw a Jackie Chan 3-pack at Wal-Mart yesterday with the films, Project A 1&2, and Dragon Lord for only $5. Not sure the quality of the transfers though.

Also, I have noticed Dragon Dynasty films seem to lack special features on their newer releases. Is this because Bey Logan is no longer with them?

Somebody somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dragon Dynasty have gone or are just about to go bust so they are not spending any money making extra features. In fact other companies are now releasing their titles, on licence I think.

As far as the drop in price is concerned with celestial remasters of Shaw Bros releases, from what I've observed (from online) is that they don't fall in price very much compared to say a mass produced Jackie Chan box set like you mentioned in another post. These films seem to have limited production runs and once they are gone the price goes through the roof.

I am a stickler though. Call me Cheap Charlie or Cheap Travis.

everyone loves a bargain, none more than myself and would happily (and often do) wait for movies to drop to ultralow levels before picking them up. Unfortunately some DVDs due to their niche audience and relatively small numbers produced mean you have to pay a higher price and waiting too long could mean losing out.

A bit steep :ooh: When these first came out they were $10-17(ish) each (as usual)...all 4 for $20 is a STEAL ;)

I absolutely agree. $20 for these four films is an absolute bargain. I think even for those of us who consider ourselves cheap, that's an amazing price. Pardon the expression, but I think waiting for it to drop is a bit retarded.

$20 is not a crazy price for 4 movies, I am just saying if you wait or shop around on Amazon, you can probably get it a bit cheaper. I just always like to get the best deal.

I mentioned the Chan 3-pack and Lundgren 3-pack more just to let people know they are out there. The reason those are so cheap is because they are put out by Echo Bridge. Echo Bridge is a budget DVD company and they recently licensed all of Miramax's library and they are re-releasing all there titles at super cheap prices, typically $5 even if there are several films in the set. I am sure you will never find the Dragon Dynasty pack for $5.

I wouldn't doubt that the Dragon Dynasty line is going to end soon. DVDs are not selling well at all these days because of the times and technology. It is just a shame most of their newer releases have no special features because their awesome special features were a main selling point.

gravedigger666

What movies are in that Dolphin pack?I just picked 1€/shot direct contact and command performance...while I am not sure are movies bad, price was not:bigsmile:

The Lundgren Films are Hidden Assassin, Men of War, and Blackjack.

Warning though, Men of War is is zoomed and cropped and looks awful. I heard the original release of this film looked great on the Miramax DVD. Many consider that one of Dolph's best films, although I don't.

Hidden Assassin and John Woo's Blackjack look great. I mainly bought it for Hidden Assassin.

6140BlwEq1L.jpg

gravedigger666

I`ve seen only BJ and if you have not seen it+at least 1 either for fiver I would say it`s good bargain...in MOW cover dolph looks quite a lot like tom berenger in sniper:nerd:

$20 is not a crazy price for 4 movies, I am just saying if you wait or shop around on Amazon, you can probably get it a bit cheaper. I just always like to get the best deal.

I wouldn't doubt that the Dragon Dynasty line is going to end soon. DVDs are not selling well at all these days because of the times and technology. It is just a shame most of their newer releases have no special features because their awesome special features were a main selling point.

Travis, I hope that you're successful, just don't wait too long.:smile:

It's always great when your movie comes with lots of great special features but the way I see it now is as long as they keep releasing these titles with good quality picture, audio and subtitles of a good standard, that's all that really matters at the end of the day. I just hope for a good quality presentation so I can enjoy the movie as much as possible.

Archived