Taken 2 (2012)

AlbertV

Shooting begins this month in Turkey and France. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen have written the script and the film is being helmed by Oliver Megaton (TRANSPORTER 3, COLOMBIANA)

Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen, and Maggie Grace return to play their roles from the original TAKEN. Here's the latest from Dark Horizons:

Rade Serbedzija ("The Saint," "24") has been cast as the villain in Olivier Megaton's "Taken 2" for 20th Century Fox and EuropaCorp reports Heat Vision.

Serbedzija plays Murad, the brutal father of one of the kidnappers slain by Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) in the first film. In retaliation, he takes Mills and his wife hostage, and so their daughter is enlisted to help save them. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen co-wrote the script.

Neeson, Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace are all returning for the film which will be released next October. Shooting kicks off in Turkey and France later this month.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds great, except for 'hyper-edit' Oliver Megaton. Looks like we won't be seeing the action on this one...

I don't know, some films should just be left alone!

I agree as I was wondering who will be taken in Taken 2. Now that I know let's see. Don't know if Mills will be passionate about rescuing his wife as he was obsessed with finding the daughter ( unless he gets back with Famke which didn't seem plausible in the first one , or unless he marries another wife which could give him the urge and drive )

Anyway if they can make a better or acceptable movie like the original then good luck if not I hope Mills would not have to rescue his grand children and their nanny in Taken 3.

You didn't read the above correctly. It says the Liam and the wife are kidnapped. The daughter takes Liams' role as rescuer in this.

You didn't read the above correctly. It says the Liam and the wife are kidnapped. The daughter takes Liams' role as rescuer in this.

The daughter being the hero this time just ruins the whole thing. And i'm not sure if a want to see more actions scenes shot and cut as terribly as Transporter 3.

Can you say...huge gaping plot hole?

How the hell can Bryan Mills' daughter save him and her mother from a group of armed and dangerous criminals?! The same type of criminals SHE had to be rescued from! She doesn't have the training, skills, or experience to do anything like that and even if by some chance her father taught her some things since her kidnapping, it still wouldn't be enough for her to execute a successful rescue operation on her own. This comes off as completely unrealistic and not to mention foolish. The first movie was great and for it's sequel to go in this hokey and uninspired direction, I cannot take this sequel seriously one damn bit. This just makes no sense whatsover to me. I hope this can be fixed before it's too late but if not...

Can you say...huge gaping plot hole?

How the hell can Bryan Mills' daughter save him and her mother from a group of armed and dangerous criminals?! The same type of criminals SHE had to be rescued from! She doesn't have the training, skills, or experience to do anything like that and even if by some chance her father taught her some things since her kidnapping, it still wouldn't be enough for her to execute a successful rescue operation on her own. This comes off as completely unrealistic and not to mention foolish. The first movie was great and for it's sequel to go in this hokey and uninspired direction, I cannot take this sequel seriously one damn bit. This just makes no sense whatsover to me. I hope this can be fixed before it's too late but if not...

Well it's possible that the team her father worked with in the first movie come back and help her in this one. That would make things more believable.

ShaOW!linDude

Serbedzija plays Murad, the brutal father of one of the kidnappers slain by Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) in the first film. In retaliation, he takes Mills and his wife hostage, and so their daughter is enlisted to help save them. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen co-wrote the script.

She's enlisted to help. Maybe as a result of what happened to her, Mills has been training his daughter. Doubtful but feasible (remember: movies is magic:tongue:).

Well it's possible that the team her father worked with in the first movie come back and help her in this one. That would make things more believable.

This scenario makes more sense. While Mills would be trying to extricate he and his wife, his daughter could feasibly be working with a team trying to rescue them as she has firsthand knowledge of just who they're dealing with.

I don't know, some films should just be left alone!

And that really sums it up, doesn't it? Just let it be, people.

469bM68PW5c

Fake trailer 1

5hQheutKZKs

Fake trailer 2

PDwD46FN_ZQ

There is no official website for Taken 2 at present but here is some news:

http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/12034/official-synopsis-for-taken-2-released-villain-cast/

http://www.movienewz.com/taken-2/#

Archived