DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THESE CULT CLASSIC SLASHERS

Guest daTOAD

Guest venoms5

Some films have been shot on video then transferred to film. An example being a handful of the Twilight Zone episodes were done this way. I used to write amateur scripts for movies I would like to make. I did write two recently that I wanted to send to Toho Studios in Japan as possible story ideas for there continuing Godzilla series as they sometimes use stories written by the fans, but I don't know where to send them. The two story treatments I wrote are very dark in tone. One is similar to THE THING(1982) and the other is similar to the MAJIN series.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest daTOAD

sounds cool.my themes are pretty dark also.i made a film called DARK ARTS ,but had to use video and it didnt turn out the way i envisioned it.i will ultimately re shoot when i can find the cash for at least 16mm.thats why im doing this horror film ,to get some minor financial backing.im kind of scarred to send in my work cause i know how American cinema is and my products would be re written and cut to shreds.ive tried the transfer route once,but its to expensive and not very good quality[unless shooting B&W].ive heard there are some good computer programs for digital video.this i might look into, as its been quite a few nice films shot using this medium.

Guest TheLimey1

Wow you guys are some hardcore gorehounds. I'm just starting out myself, trying to test my limits and that kinda thing. I havn't even seen most of the films on your lists but I did see American Gothic which I thought was pretty good.

I was turned onto Horror through the Argento, Bava, Fulci Unholy Trinity of Italian Horror so I'll probably start there instead of the American stuff. But I'll defenitly write down the films you've talked about here and try to pick up a few.

Also, I noticed you mentioned Without Warning. I saw this as a kid myself and it scared the hell out of me too. I searched for a long time to find it, and finally picked it up at On The Edge Video. The copy I've got is on VHS, with English Audio and Russian Subtitles, the picture is of course fairly grainy and the VHS case says Diamond Video on it. Also they are pretty expensive but somethings ya just gotta have.

I just checked over at Midnight Video they have some updated uncut version for a couple bucks more. I don't have a clue if the one I have is cut or not.

By the way, since I'm about to start collecting, I was looking through a bunch of the Brentwood titles, since they seem like a cheap way to jumpstart a Horror collection.

What Brentwood Horror Collections do you guys reccomend?

Guest monwobobbo

you really can't go wrong with any of them if you are starting a collection. i can recommend the following 4 film sets

PREY FOR DEATH

HORROR RISES FROM THE GRAVE

FLESH FEAST

TALES FROM THE BONEYARD

as with the kung fu sets the quality varies but you'll find at least one really good film in each set.

Guest ankitsharma

Can Anyone please help me find forever mine movie???? its has some real good shaolin combat in it...it was made in 1970's i think...if someone knows where to find it or has a copy of it..please do tell me...:D

It was released during the time of the shaolin drunken monk strring Eagle Han, Chia Hui Liu and shows dim mak(death touch) and shaolin pressure points.

Someone plz help i dont know the real name of this movie but i think it was made in hong kong....

any info please?????

Archived