Better Samurai film forum?

waywardsage

I just wanted to check. Is there a more active samurai film forum out there? Wasn't sure if there was some place where all the fans are congregating that I don't know about.

I am starved for Samurai Film talk!

What are some of the top forums to discuss samurai films?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Where are you in the Shaw Bros thread??? Start bringing up topics and then you might get some replies... What do you want to talk about??

Not that I know about, there use to be the Ninja Dojo but it's been shut down for some time, maybe Daisho might know of another place.

But yeah what OpiumKFCracker said, I'm always down for talking Samurai flicks, unfortunately I haven't had much time on the forum lately(or to watch movies for that matter), hope to free more time up in the future for both.

No the Ninja Dojo was the best place for all Films about Japanese Cinema! But I'll be honest there is a site on FB which I'm a member on that its all about Japanese Cinema and its really good! So if your on FB let me know and I'll give you the link to it to join, I even got Merlin from SamuraiDVD.com to join it, and everyone knows he has so much knowledge of Japanese cinema.

If anyone is interested this is the FB page that I had mentioned: Lone wolf & Cub ( Homage to Jidai Geki, Classic Japanese film & Manga).

No the Ninja Dojo was the best place for all Films about Japanese Cinema! But I'll be honest there is a site on FB which I'm a member on that its all about Japanese Cinema and its really good! So if your on FB let me know and I'll give you the link to it to join, I even got Merlin from SamuraiDVD.com to join it, and everyone knows he has so much knowledge of Japanese cinema.

Ninja dojo still exists! Nobody posts on it anymore!

http://theninjadojo89233.yuku.com/directory

I wonder why the Ninja dojo just suddenly went belly up in 2009. It seems like everyone disappeared from there. Looked like an awesome forum to be part of. Sigh...

waywardsage

Man, it seems that Ninja dojo just collapsed and people stopped posting there in 2010. That really bums me out that I found it AFTER people stopped posting. It seems there was an argument about people attacking others? I know nothing about this?

Why do people argue and exclude people in such a limited interest field?!

odioustrident

Where did all those experts go after the forum closed? Did they just suddenly curtail their fan presence online? There seemed to be a lot of major collectors with in depth knowledge of the Hawaiian tv recordings etc...

I wonder why the Ninja dojo just suddenly went belly up in 2009. It seems like everyone disappeared from there. Looked like an awesome forum to be part of. Sigh...

I think one of the main problems there really was nobody to run the forum. I was on it for a while and loved it. And there was a lot of People with a great knowledge of Japanese Cinema.

But I have stated that I joined a group on FB but I created my own page and trust me I have some really knowledgeable Guys on there as well, including Merlin. So if anyone is on FB feel free to join if you wanna keep up with Japanese cinema. [email=https://www.facebook.com/groups/167638363377339/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/167638363377339/

waywardsage
I think one of the main problems there really was nobody to run the forum. I was on it for a while and loved it. And there was a lot of People with a great knowledge of Japanese Cinema.

But I have stated that I joined a group on FB but I created my own page and trust me I have some really knowledgeable Guys on there as well, including Merlin. So if anyone is on FB feel free to join if you wanna keep up with Japanese cinema. [email=https://www.facebook.com/groups/167638363377339/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/167638363377339/

Daisho, I wish you'd posted the link to your group earlier. I've been searching Facebook for years for groups to join to chat about Samurai Cinema.

Only thing is, the name is a bit SUPER obscure. May be hard for others to ever find it.

Sorry Guys I had posted it a while ago, I hope you enjoy it, feel free to add more People and other movies like Yakuza/Pinky viloence films etc.

I joined too, though I'm starting to lose my tolerance for facebook day by day, it's still my only way to keep in touch with some people.

Archived