Shanty Town Show Down (2011)

AlbertV

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Cool find, AV.

I take it there's no release date info as yet?

I'm definitely interested in this. Love the parkour stuff. Some of the fight choreography looked a little off but I love little independent films like this and appreciate what they're trying to do. As long as it's not blatantly awful, I'm sure some of the sequences will be gems of enjoyable watching and rewatching.

Drunken Monk

The parkour and acrobatic displays definitely look worthy of a watch but yeah, the choreography looked a bit soft and sloppy in places. I'll certainly give it a chance though.

Looks like they possess some nice skills and acrobatics and I saw one nice fall in the trailer so looks pretty decent. However, I wasn't a fan of Bangkok Adrenaline for maybe the same reasons as this might have.

I don't like over the top flashiness for the sake of it and in some ways Ong Bak was the trend setter in this respect. Don't get me wrong, I like Ong Bak, a lot, but in terms of that style of choreography I personally think its way behind the Hong Kong masters.

Would you ever see Jackie Chan spring off a wall into a double somersault and land in the splits or pull off a no handed cartwheel to escape from a thug on a bike? No, the situation and environment would always dictate the movement, he would be FORCED into doing something crazy, not for the sake of it.

As well as that the acting and story were goddamn awful in Bangkok Adrenaline and it made it hard to watch, I appreciate it was a low budget film but i've never stuck it on again, not even for the action. Sorry! I know it gets some love here.

So I will check this out as its rare nowadays to see the hardcore action that they used to churn out in the 80's but here's hoping its better than Bangkok Adrenaline in terms of story and characters.

Archived