Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires...HK Version?

shukocarl

There is rumoured to be a version that was released that runs 110 mins featuring more fight footage and possibly sequences directed by Chang Cheh. Has anyone ever seen this version. Presumably it did play in HK and probably will never be seen again seeing as Celestial won't be releasing any Shaws co-productions due to rights issues.

I'm curios to know if it existed and what the extra footage consisted of?

Thanks

Carl

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been rumoured for years but no proof as yet of a longer version. But it could turn up, they have just found the legendary cut footage from the original Hammer Dracula (Horror Of Dracula) in Japan and are going to put it back into any new releases of that film on dvd / blu ray.

Yeah David, I've been keeping up with the Dracula footage progress. The problem with Legend is, where would the neg/ prints be kept? In Celestial's archives or elsewhere?

Good question. Celestial have the negative for Painted Faces which was a Shaw / Golden Harvest co-production so maybe there?...

Hi,

been keen on this subject for year's as Dave know's,

in the hammer book it states that when the film was sent to the UK that it had de wolfe music all over it before Mr Bernards s score was put on ,

has this version ever been seen in HK at all ?,

they say the lab work was done in japan on the print,

yet its warners release over there on vid

very odd that no one has ever seen the longer version ,

yet as they say i think its out there somewhere

Archived