Dangerous Liaisons (2012)

AlbertV

Hong Kong is the latest cinema to make a version of the French novel DANGEROUS LIAISONS.

Hollywood has done it with the 1988 film starring Glenn Close and John Malkovich and then modernized it with CRUEL INTENTIONS with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Ryan Philippe

The Hong Kong version stars Korean actor Jang Dong-Gun, Cecilia Cheung, and Zhang Ziyi.

Shooting began on September 27, here are photos from the opening shoot ceremony from HKMDB News

dangerous+boot+sh+-+group.jpg

dangerous+boot+sh+-+ceci+lisa+lu.jpg

dangerous+boot+sh+-+jang+donggun.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

For those that haven't seen it, the 1988 version of this film is fantastic. As Jack Nicholson had Randall P. MacMurphy in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, Gary Oldman had Sid Vicious in SID AND NANCY, DeNiro had Travis Bickle in TAXI DRIVER, I think his role in DANGEROUS LIASONS was John Malkovich's defining role. He's perfect in this film. Highly recommended.

For those that haven't seen it, the 1988 version of this film is fantastic. As Jack Nicholson had Randall P. MacMurphy in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, Gary Oldman had Sid Vicious in SID AND NANCY, DeNiro had Travis Bickle in TAXI DRIVER, I think his role in DANGEROUS LIASONS was John Malkovich's defining role. He's perfect in this film. Highly recommended.

I second that...Malkovich was tailor made for the role in the 1988 version. I'm guessing this is the role Jang Dong-Gun will be playing in the HK/Korean co-production version

Archived