The Sorcerer and the White Snake(白蛇傳說之法海)

galvatron1976

The Sorcerer and the White Snake (白蛇傳說之法海)

Cast

Jet Li

Eva Huang

Raymond Lam

Charlene Choi

Chapman To

Wen Zhang

Jiang Wu

Vivian Hsu

Sonija Kwok

Lam Suet

Miriam Yeung

efm-sorcerersmall.jpg

Have anyone have watch this movie already?

thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might head out to watch it next weekend, or maybe this Monday if I can manage it. It's been a while since I've seen a Jet Li film.

Ok watched today.. to my big surprise it had also english subs hehe

It's pretty decent.

The story is the same as the old Hark's flick (more or less), quite entertainment. I liked the actresses in their roles as snakes. Jet Li is ok, nothing to yell about though.

There were some really nice moment where I found myself laughin.

The love story is touching... i was moved (nice the song at the end).

The CGI..is awful. Everything looked fake (the snakes...my god..), i already knew what to expect but some choices were awful.

Overall I still prefer the Hark's version, but this one is a pretty decent version of the legend.

I watched this at the cinema, I wasn't too impressed to be honest. The CGI was god awful which was a real shame because the rest of the movie looked really good. The love story seemed really exaggerated and over the top as well.

Ok watched today.. to my big surprise it had also english subs hehe

It's pretty decent.

The story is the same as the old Hark's flick (more or less), quite entertainment. I liked the actresses in their roles as snakes. Jet Li is ok, nothing to yell about though.

There were some really nice moment where I found myself laughin.

The love story is touching... i was moved (nice the song at the end).

The CGI..is awful. Everything looked fake (the snakes...my god..), i already knew what to expect but some choices were awful.

Overall I still prefer the Hark's version, but this one is a pretty decent version of the legend.

This is why Jet Li should lose the wires and cgi and stick to modern martial arts movies. It makes me so mad, I feel like he's wasting his talent with his movie choices. :sad: Did Jet Li have any decent fight scens by the way?

This is why Jet Li should lose the wires and cgi and stick to modern martial arts movies. It makes me so mad, I feel like he's wasting his talent with his movie choices. :sad: Did Jet Li have any decent fight scens by the way?

without cgi and special effects? some, but nothing really worth mentioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIM4PBrKFQ

Its a wu xia movie not a kf movie. Did you watch the trailers. What did you expect from seeing them?

I know that. Doesn't mean it can't have good action. Hero was a great wuxia movie with awesome fight scenes in it. I just wanna see Jet Li make some more good fights scenes before he gets too old.

It's wierd but I am sure Jet Lee said after Fearless he wouldn't be doing martial arts/swordplay movies anymore?? has he just realised what a boring screen personality he has (much like his real life one I assure you) and that no one wants to watch him ACT. I bought that Ocean's Heaven thing. (or whatever it was called) and watched 10 mins of it and threw it in the bin. Now I hear after the Dragon Inn film he is doing another Tai Chi film

cant wait for that...yawn.

As for this movie I didnt like the original so I doubt I will bother to watch this one.

Drunken Monk
It's wierd but I am sure Jet Lee said after Fearless he wouldn't be doing martial arts/swordplay movies anymore?? has he just realised what a boring screen personality he has (much like his real life one I assure you) and that no one wants to watch him ACT. I bought that Ocean's Heaven thing. (or whatever it was called) and watched 10 mins of it and threw it in the bin. Now I hear after the Dragon Inn film he is doing another Tai Chi film

cant wait for that...yawn.

As for this movie I didnt like the original so I doubt I will bother to watch this one.

I think Jet Li amended his original statement and claimed that he won't be making anymore "kung fu epics" a la "Fearless" or the "Once Upon a Time in China" films.

As for his screen presence, I think he gets away with being relatively dull as it gives him a high degree of intensity. Of course, many will say that the intensity is just a mask for poor acting ability and such, but, when I watch a Jet Li film, I invest in his silent rawness. I'm not saying this is a good thing but I do think he gets away with it.

Archived