A piece of musical kung fu history. HANG 'em HIGH

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Just watched , 'Hang 'em High' this evening.

One of the greatest musical themes of kung fu movies, back drop, comes from 'THIS' movie.. I am not 'SURE' if this has ever been vouchsafed on KFC before, but here it is.

The musical theme is 'said' (played) at least 'four' times in the movie and the final scene has the full agenda of its theme and then 'ONLY', and that is:

The theme music spoken of from: 'Hand 'em High' a Clint Eastwood masterpiece.

Music by: Dominic Frontiere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Frontiere

DjuNU1tNRcs

It is 9 minutes 58 seconds or so, (in the You Tube Video linked), the last scene of the movie, the full overture is played. Of note, (once again), it is not played in full, (as we know it in the kung fu movies, until, 'ONLY'), in the last scene as Clint Eastwood rides out of town, as the sheriff he decides to be, in one, "REALLY GREAT" western!

Has this ever been brought 'this' up here?

Anyway, "IT" was quite a surprise to hear that 'GLORIOUS' sound-track, to many a kung fu move, in 'Hang 'em High'. OH YEAH!

GD Y-Y :ooh:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Well I archived and of course this does not slip by unnoticed to the likes of 'U' ALL.

But at least I GOT my revelation out of it.

+ I wonder IF it was ever "clarified" that the full theme WAS only in the last 2 minutes of this movie?

Thanks KFC & KFF!

Oh Yeah!

GD Y-Y

:bigsmile:

Yes I bought the soundtrack many years ago because 1: I am a massive Clint Eastwood fan (always been my favourite Western actor and director)

2: because it is all over two John Liu classics Mar's Villa and Death Duel of Kung Fu.

Awesome orchestration and fits both a western and an eastern perfectly.

Archived