Girls With Guns films on Region 1 DVD?

HKFanatic

I had a lot of success with my previous thread in which I asked people for obscure 'heroic bloodshed' movies, so hopefully I can get some similar advice here. Basically, I'm looking for any 'Girls With Guns'-style Hong Kong movies that have managed to get a Region 1 DVD release. I know a lot of these movies are out of print and hard to find now, but I'm hoping to rent as many as I can. I will probably end up buying "Iron Angels" soon since it's impossible to rent but it looks fantastic from clips I've seen.

Movies I've already seen in this genre include Yes Madam, She Shoots Straight, Royal Warriors, and Angel Terminators, so they're not on this list. Otherwise, in my queue I have:

Kickboxer's Tears

Beauty Investigator

The Avenging Quartet

Madam City Hunter

Red Fists

Dead Target

Operation Pink Squad

Investigators Wear Skirts II

I'm pretty sure that's all I've found. Investigators Wear Skirts I, Blonde Fury and Supercop 2 are currently unavailable on Netflix. I appreciate any other recommendations!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a series of 4 short movies (about 70 minutes each) known under a series name of Gun Crazy. They're Japanese, but are still in the sub-genre you're interested in. The movies are REQUIEM FOR A BODYGUARD, TRAITOR'S RHAPSODY, A WOMAN FROM NOWHERE and BEYOND THE LAW. They are all directed by Atsushi Muroga. They're low budget affairs and not as flashy (or overwrought) as a HK production can be. They are available in a couple of box sets from Amazon.

Archived