Bruce Lee Review Issue 3

johnoverall

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That cover art is STOLEN!

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

This artwork was produced by me ..from a concept by john.. it has not been "stolen" in anyway shape or form...

If you have seen this work about could you please show me where and give a reason for your unfounded comment or mistake please.

((i could insert a smiley but theres not a one for how i feel at the moment..))

Looks like the member who accused me of "stealing artwork" has removed his comment , just thought i would show members my artwork before the graphics.. this is will be avalible as a signed print togeather with all my work as soon as my website is up and running ..work in progress :nerd:

319385_10150291353398325_665818324_8024905_1628152245_n.jpg

((original does not have watermark, sadly i have to put that in :sad: ))

OpiumKungFuCracker

I think the guy probably meant it as a joke/sarcasm... Probably saying that the artwork was stolen from the scene in the actual movie itself... I could be wrong though since I have a weird sense of humor...

Okay, enough about the cover (which is awesome)...

Uh, just in case nobody has noticed, the issue has an INTERVIEW WITH STICK FFS! =D How cool is that?!!

yes, that will be an intresting interview , the BLR mags are always filled with very intresting articles and are quality fan mags!! im really looking forward to issue 3.

The articles and interviews in issue 2 where brilliant aswell as the very informative missing Big Boss scenes article..

John: Does this issue have the same amount of pages as the last BLR's?

Still writing so not sure of final page count; I was intending to make this a double issue but I couldn't pin down a couple of my intended interviewees (one was going out of town and the other didn't have the greatest time working on the film and seems reluctant to recall his time on it)

Looks like the member who accused me of "stealing artwork" has removed his comment...

He has apologised privately in a PM to me and removed his post, although a retraction would have been a better bet. Seems there was a genuine mix-up when he saw the art, as it's uncanny in its resemblence to a comic book he produced in the early 1980s. I'm hoping to see a sample to understand what all the fuss was about.

edit: forgot to add that the cover was inspired by a panel from an old issue of Amazing Spider Man where Peter Parker is trudging away from a garbage can with his discarded costume in it. Add to that a 'what if' of Bruce's Game character actually ascending to the final level, beyond Jabbar's Temple of the Unknown and there you have it.

Uh, just in case nobody has noticed, the issue has an INTERVIEW WITH STICK FFS! =D How cool is that?!!

yes, that will be an intresting interview , the BLR mags are always filled with very intresting articles and are quality fan mags!! im really looking forward to issue 3.

The articles and interviews in issue 2 where brilliant aswell as the very informative missing Big Boss scenes article..

:redface:

The 'zine has been an ensemble piece from the start, something I wanted to get back to from my early days of small-press fandom. While it's not always to everyone's taste and the Bruce Lee fans at large don't embrace/accept it, I get a kick out putting it together and doing something, something I hope is better than nothing.

If the guy was wrong he should at least publicly apologise.

I did apologize privately to both John and hwangjanglee, and because I'm a stand-up individual I won't hesitate to publicly do the same. I was actually waiting to hear from both parties before doing so, and that's why the comment was removed already.

I did apologize privately to both John and hwangjanglee, and because I'm a stand-up individual I won't hesitate to publicly do the same. I was actually waiting to hear from both parties before doing so, and that's why the comment was removed already.

Accepted with thanks! Let's move on now.

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.

~Bruce Lee

your apology is accepted..

Peace,

Steve.

Classic. Amazing Spider-Man #50; "Spider-Man No More."

Sam Raimi recreated this scene in the 2nd film.

Nice homage to the great John Romita, Sr.

edit: forgot to add that the cover was inspired by a panel from an old issue of Amazing Spider Man where Peter Parker is trudging away from a garbage can with his discarded costume in it.

• Administrator

You beat me to it Teako! Great cover.

Steve, as I've already told you over at FaceBook, I'm a fan of your art. The cover look great! Big props to mpm74 for knowing how to properly create and place the text to not distract from Steve's art.

John, thanks again for all of your hard work. I look forward to reading issue 3. :bigsmile:

The cover look great! Big props to mpm74 for knowing how to properly create and place the text to not distract from Steve's art.

Okay, enough about the content, let's talk about that cover again! =D jk Thanks Bob. I appreciate that someone notices the hours and hours of HARD work I did of slapping those fonts down. *sarcasm of course!!*

Overall, I think we captured the "1970/1980s" comic book-feel pretty good.

John - you should seek out George Lazenby for an interview! I know during some of those interviews caught on film, he pretty much said all he could say, but there's gotta be something more the guy knows. After all, he was supposed to star in both "GOD" and "STONER" with Bruce... either way, hope this won't be the last issue. Looking forward to this one. Also diggin the 8-bit bruce.... I know there were a lot of 1980's PC games with his name on it.

As for The Dragon:

"We'll get 'em one of these days. He's gonna be sorry! Right, fellas?"

I just want to say how much I appreciate the level of maturity shown during this misunderstanding.

Some posters have a tendency to take over a thread and get totally bent out of shape and completely off topic. Glad this didn't descend to that level. Thanks for restoring the faith.

(Oh, and I am in no way referring to the thread on Sammo Hung's choreography. None of the posters there have condescended to snipe at one another. It's just healthy debate and expression of opinion. {Just wanted to clarify that.})

You beat me to it Teako! Great cover.

Steve, as I've already told you over at FaceBook, I'm a fan of your art. The cover look great! Big props to mpm74 for knowing how to properly create and place the text to not distract from Steve's art.

John, thanks again for all of your hard work. I look forward to reading issue 3. :bigsmile:

SNAP~ when i see your amazing stuff it inspires me and drives me on .. cheers Kung Fu :wink:

Guest Markgway

Fair enough.

As for The Dragon:

"We'll get 'em one of these days. He's gonna be sorry! Right, fellas?"

Lmaorotf!!

:nerd:

"Why ask me? He doesn't work for me here."

:wink:

Dragon has been kind enough to share the image that caused all the fuss:

dragon_comic.jpg

BLR3 is now at the design stage so not long til it sees print, let me know if you'd like a copy. Now taking pre-orders!

Archived