Best dvd version of Fist Of The North Star anime movie??

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

What is the best dvd version of Fist Of The North Star anime movie? The movie from '86, not the tv show, or that cataclysmic clusterfuck with Gary Daniels:squigglemouth:

Is there an uncensored version with japanese language and decent english subs?

And no, I don't use torrents....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC there is no completely uncensored version but the US release by Eastern Star has the original language and cleaned up picture quality.

Apparently, the deal with FotNS is that there was a fire that destroyed the original footage. :sad: The Eastern Star disc is essentially the Japanese HD remaster though, so it's the best this show has ever looked on home video (and to be sure, it looks damn good in some scenes).

sifu iron perm

where can i get the full tv series collection? Coming from the UK, we only got the first series (which was dubbed). I want the complete collection in good quality.

The Eastern Star version is great and worth buying, however there are two versions, the second had some of the errors in the subs fixed. You can tell which version is which by the cover. Even then, some people prefer the fansubs, but it does have the Streamline English dub also, which everyone remembers from the old days. It doesn't have both endings, sadly.

The series has recently been released in America in 3 volumes, I think, with the fourth supposedly coming which will cover Hokuto No Ken 2. This is worth buying as well to show support, although again, some people prefer the fansubs I think.

I didn't know about any fire but the only release I've heard of without the lighting effects to cover the gore in the movie was supposedly release in Italy once. I actually like the effects especially when on the trailers / previews on the movie disc you see what the uncensored version would look like, I prefer the coloured strobe effects.

If anyone wants to play a good Fist videogame, the old PS1 game was pretty damn good (there was a crap one, too), the fighting game by the Guilty Gear creators, published by Sega on the PS2 is brilliant, and the recent PS3 / Xbox 360 one, while not great is still fun for a fan. If only I had the 2 huge arcade games, never even got to play them.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Im playing Ken's Rage right now! It's fun, if slightly repetetive. And it feels good beating the piss outta people till they explode!!!

I need to play it more, I waited months for it to come out, bought it and then just let it sit there collecting dust, like every other game I have. I got up to Shin, want to unlock Rei as I heard he's great in the game.

I own Hokuto no Ken: Seiki Matsukyu Seishi Densetsu that was on PS1 from Bandai. It's still fun to go through even as it gets harder and harder each stage. It sucks that no Fist of the North Star(Hokuto No Ken) games were released in the US albeit an NES version back in ther 80's and a bastardized version of it for Sega Genesis called Last Battle. It's a good thing that my best friend who was stationed at Yokota Air Base in Japan bought my PS1 for me there or else I wouldn't be able to play PS1 Japanese games...

I own the uncut verison of Fist of the North Star animated flim which includes the alternate ending with the fight between Ken vs Raoh battle. Also own Legend of Raoh: Chapter of Death in Love (ラオウ伝 殉愛の章, Raō Den Jun'ai no Shō?)

Legend of Yuria (ユリア伝, Yuria Den?)

Legend of Raoh: Chapter of Fierce Fight (ラオウ伝 激闘の章, Raō Den Gekitō no Shō?)

Legend of Toki (トキ伝, Toki Den?)

Zero: Legend of Kenshiro (ZERO ケンシロウ伝, Zero Kenshirō Den?)

And the live action verison the two disc edition and not guilty owning it because Gary Daniels is a beast and highly underated.

Shaolivevil, it was worse for us in the UK or Europe, if we were lucky enough to get a release of a game it would play at the wrong speed, unless you modded your console or imported one.

Shaolivevil, it was worse for us in the UK or Europe, if we were lucky enough to get a release of a game it would play at the wrong speed, unless you modded your console or imported one.

I hear you man. I get so tired of all the NTSC/PAL and Region Code issues that limit consumer access to movies and video games from other countries. I still find the whole system ridiculous. I still need to get my hands on a Japanese PS2 one of these days so I can play Japanese games. I bought the game Real Robot Regiment for PS2 Japan 4 years ago for $10 on eBay brand new but I still can't play it because I have yet to find a Japanese PS2 for an affordabe price anywhere, new or used...

If you plan on upgrading your PC in the near future, get one with a speed of over 2.8 GHZ and you should be able to emulate the PS2 on it and play any game. Or, purchase a cheap US PS2 or PSTwo, and mod them. If you go for the former, the older model, you can use a broadband / network card and hard drive and play games straight from the hard drive. That's the cheapest, easiest option, or you could spend a bit more and hard mod it, meaning get someone to install a chip for you. If you need any more info, feel free to PM me. I bought a PS2 earlier this year just to play the Fist of the North Star game.

Archived