Does anybody recommend A Fistful of Dollars?

Guest DragonfighterX

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks

By all means, yes!

The "dollars" trilogy gets better with each film (and each viewing).

Next is FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, then the all-time classic THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY.

I only just got into the spaghetti westerns in the last couple of years on the constant urging of a friend with similar film interests & now I'm completely hooked.

There are an awful lot of similarities in both genres (kung fu & spaghettis) with themes of revenge, honor, whose style (gun fighting skill) is better, etc.

It's also fun to see just how many spaghetti soundtracks were used in kung fu flicks.

Other joints to check for:

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

A FISTFUL OF DYNAMITE (Duck, You Sucker)

THE BIG GUNDOWN

DEATH RIDES A HORSE

DAY OF ANGER

COMPANEROS

MY NAME IS NOBODY

RUN MAN RUN

FACE TO FACE

A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL

Guest DragonfighterX

I watched it and liked it quite a bit, but I was more impressed with The Wild Bunch. It was like John Woo before his time.

Guest Mantis FIST

Yeah Woo said He loves Wild Bunch and made the killer with it in mind. I personally recommend Yojimbo over fist full of dollars. Good films if you like Clint.

Guest SilentJay32

Sam Peckinpah was one of Woo's favorite directors, along with Jean-Pierre Melvillie. Peckinpah + Melville = Woo. "The Killer" takes the story from Melville's "Le Samourai" and mixes it with Peckinpah's heroic bloodshed.

Guest magic8

Any remake of Kurosawa's Yojimbo has gotta have something to it. ;) Fairly faithful adaptation to boot and much better than Last Man Standing.

Archived