Paper Dragons (1996)

AlbertV

PPRrAvLwcKs

I found this because the movie is released on DVD as part of a 4-movie set with LAS VEGAS WARRIOR, NEVADA HEAT, and 3-WAY HEIST. This is a B-movie martial arts film that reunites Egg Shen and Lo Pan from BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA as they take on a former drug dealer who is left for dead after a heist gone wrong. The film is an early film for Jeremy Renner and Ernie Reyes Jr. is in the film as well.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it is..........atrociously awful! I'd sooner sit through whatever was the crappiest MA movie I last watched with a Tasmanian devil and a badger having a death match in my lap before suffering through this again.

And it is..........atrociously awful! I'd sooner sit through whatever was the crappiest MA movie I last watched with a Tasmanian devil and a badger having a death match in my lap before suffering through this again.

That's freaking awesome...I couldn't have put it better. Did you actually see it? I would only see it only because of James "Lo Pan" Hong and Victor "Egg Shen" Wong.

Yes, I actually watched that tripe. I was sold on the fact that Ernie Reyes, Jr. was in it. I don't recall even seeing him so he must've been unrecognizable. (Maybe he was 1 of the monks.)

The lighting is just terrible and it's so dark for many of the scenes you can't tell what's going on. It's a horrible story, horrible production, horrible acting, and horrible fighting of which there really isn't much.

(I think I bought it used for, like, $2-3. When I traded it off, I doubt it even registered as having any worth.)

One Armed Boxer

I couldn't have put it better

Ha ha, nice wording...as well as visual image, thanks for that.:tongue:

But good to know, AlbertV though if this movie is really as cringe inducingly painful to watch as you agree it is, I wish you'd mention it in your original post...by simply including a synopsis and the best way to buy the movie it makes me think that this is some sort of curiosity item worth tracking down, did somebody from the DVD company have a gun to your head to make a post about it!?:crossedlips:

Nope, just happened to come across it when I looking for a horror double feature that the same DVD company was releasing and just happened to come across it. LOL But it does look painfully cruddy!

Archived