Thoughts on Jean Claude Van Damme

Travis

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incredible!

26/27, maybe?

Yeah he was 26 when he shot Bloodsport because he was 24 when No Retreat, No Surrender came out originally in 1985.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I would happily pay money to see Van Damme become the new Charles Bronson.

I would too but then again, when does Hollywood take any kind of chances?? The 70s and 80s maybe but 2013, it just doesn't happen. The only person I can think of that resurrect old actors is Tarantino but even for him is a bit of a stretch.

I would too but then again, when does Hollywood take any kind of chances?? The 70s and 80s maybe but 2013, it just doesn't happen. The only person I can think of that resurrect old actors is Tarantino but even for him is a bit of a stretch.

I agree with your sentiment but for Van Damme to become the next Charles Bronson, it doesn't have to be a big budget movie does it?

I don't seem him making once upon a time in the west. I'm a fan, at least at one time.

lol I don't think we meant it that literally. I think he meant overall.

One thing's for sure: If that Volvo commercial was legit, then Van Damme is forgiven for all those times he was uneccesarily body-doubled throughout the years.

One thing's for sure: If that Volvo commercial was legit, then Van Damme is forgiven for all those times he was uneccesarily body-doubled throughout the years.

It wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't legit. Why demonstrate the accuracy of a streering system with a fake video? Sure, there's bound to be safety wire that was digitally removed but the stunt should be real.

There's many people on youtube who doubt and seem to think it's a green screen effect, but they probably fail to realize the ad (or test, in fact) doesn't promote Van Damme, it promotes a streering system created for industrial buyers (although it also works very nicely for Volvo brand and hence indirectly reaches normal consumers). It's a fantastic stunt from Van Damme, too, but it's a driving system stunt above all.

This teaser video is really funny

Yatg89gi0nM

It wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't legit. Why demonstrate the accuracy of a streering system with a fake video? Sure, there's bound to be safety wire that was digitally removed but the stunt should be real.

]

See that's why I don't consider it real because he can't fall(well barely) and has assisted balance through the wire. I hope someone puts out a video of genuinely doing that stunt.

See that's why I don't consider it real because he can't fall(well barely) and has assisted balance through the wire. I hope someone puts out a video of genuinely doing that stunt.

I'm not too sure the wire assits his balance. I don't know how it was done, but I would imagine he was only tied to one truck, because if he was tied to both, the wire would kill him if the trucks parted too far from each or there was an accident.

I mentioned this before, but JCVD looks more like an action star with the wrinkles. Less pretty-boy. I think his ripe old age works to his advantage.

Agreed. As is the case in his new film - Enemies Closer

KqOI78-kiUU

Archived