Al Leong

OpiumKungFuCracker

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just typed his name in Yahoo and a bunch of links popped up. Not sure how current their info is. He does have a Facebook page though. That might tell you something.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AtoarRKBIsPZCtuLpguQi1CbvZx4?fr=yfp-t-892-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF8&p=al%20leong%20facebook

Let me know what you find out. I always thought he was underrated and underused personally. One of my favorite screen fights is between he and Brandon Lee in Rapid Fire.

Every time I think of this guy, I think of a terrorist eating a candy bar! lol Either that, or "electric shock treatment"...

I remember a few years ago, I heard that he was really sick. In fact, when I saw this post, I thought it was going to be one of those "... had died" threads.

Reel Power Stunts

I remember a few years ago, I heard that he was really sick. .

I heard from someone reliable that he'd suffered health problems, including a stroke, and as a result isn't active in the film business. Sad. He was memorable in so many movies, "Big Trouble in Little China", "Rapid fire", "Die Hard", "Lethal Weapon" etc

He's got a book out, all about his Hollywood days, which is available direct from him via his Facebook page.

I'm almost tempted to join FB just to get a copy!

:smile:

TibetanWhiteCrane
He's got a book out, all about his Hollywood days, which is available direct from him via his Facebook page.

Me too:smile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Thanks for the info guys... I would love to get a hold of that book, I befriend him on facebook, I hope he approves!!!!

• Administrator
I remember a few years ago, I heard that he was really sick. In fact, when I saw this post, I thought it was going to be one of those "... had died" threads.

Man... me too. I was already thinking "oh no". :ooh: Sorry to hear he's in poor health.

I always thought he was underrated and underused personally. One of my favorite screen fights is between he and Brandon Lee in Rapid Fire.

I'll second that. He was really fast. When I saw him in that fight I remember thinking Brandon Lee's character was definitely NOT going to survive. LOL

I would have loved to have see Al star in a movie. Short, bald, middle-aged- totally not the Hollywood stereotype hero- and just see him totally dominate in fight after fight! He has mad skills, and a very cool look.

I heard from a guy that worked with him that he's "a great guy, super friendly, very professional, and sure knows his stuff".

Say what?! If I'm able to get this I'll be sure to let you guys know. Thanks for the head's up bro! :nerd:

• Administrator

I just took a look. The book is also available at Amazon.com for those that want to get it. I believe they said it's 250 pages (which is nice), and it's loaded with B&W and color photos. Well worth the $25.00 price. Sadly, I can't afford it right now. But I'll definitely be picking it up in the next few months.

I meant to say, the reason I listed the Facebook option over Amazon is because Leong himself will send the book out, with minimum US shipping costs - oh, AND PERSONALLY SIGNED!!! :tongue:

I would have loved to have see Al star in a movie. Short, bald, middle-aged- totally not the Hollywood stereotype hero- and just see him totally dominate in fight after fight! He has mad skills, and a very cool look.

That would've been awesome. He should've teamed up with Leo Fong.

They could've called it TOUGH AND FUGLY:tongue:

As KFB correctly notes, it is available from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Lives-Al-Ka-Bong-Leong/dp/0615384994/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315929412&sr=8-1

It sure looks like Facebook is the way to go for this - and whilst you're there, please get me a copy. :tongue:

Remember when Al Leong played Genghis Khan in BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE?

sEmN5vpnB3A

"Want a twinkie?"

LZ41QLs3MfU

A new modern weapon of Leong Khan!!!

• Administrator
That would've been awesome. He should've teamed up with Leo Fong.

They could've called it TOUGH AND FUGLY:tongue:

As KFB correctly notes, it is available from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Lives-Al-Ka-Bong-Leong/dp/0615384994/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315929412&sr=8-1

It sure looks like Facebook is the way to go for this - and whilst you're there, please get me a copy. :tongue:

Karlos shoots... HE SCORES!!! Very funny man. And thanks for ordering a copy of the book for me! You're too generous my friend! :wink:

I paged through it, and it looks AWESOME. :nerd: Tons of great photos, and it looks like he gives the "no bullshit" view of the people he's worked with too! I'll give a more thorough review after I've read it (starting in a short while). But, it was mentioned earlier in this thread "didn't he have some health problems?". Um, yeah. How about brain cancer AND a stroke! :ooh: Guess what though? He's still ticking... Timex-style. That stuff didn't stop him! Mr. Leong (who I spoke to via FaceBook) seems like a good spirited, generous, real life hero. How ironic that he made his living playing unforgettable villains?

Remember when Al Leong played Genghis Khan in BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE?

sEmN5vpnB3A

"Want a twinkie?"

LZ41QLs3MfU

A new modern weapon of Leong Khan!!!

He was funny as Hell in that. :bigsmile:

He befriended me!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited. I just gave him the real scoop on you. So expect him to shun you momentarily. :xd: Just joking bro. I keed you. I am a keeder. :wink:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The folks at Kung fu Cinema are talking about you on the forum page asking how U be. blessings GD Y-Y

******************************************************************************************************8****

Just posted this on his Facebook Page.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Got a response from Al Leong directed to AL:L of us. Here is his reply.

********************************************************************************

The Eight Lives Of Al "Ka-Bong" Leong good how have you guys been

********************************************************************************

Cool huh!

:bigsmile:

GD Y-Y

Archived