City of the Living Dead DVD...

Guest DrunkMantis

Guest DrunkMantis

Damn the Cult Film board isn't very lively. A few posts per week is good around here. I know at least 2 or 3 persons will anwser me (and i know who you are :b ) but it could be better...Anyway, this thread goes with my last reply cause i just had The Beyond and watched it 2 days ago. I love Fulci. I already have Zombie, House by the Cemetary and The Beyond ( received and viewed them in this order too) all since 1 1/2 month. So i need City to comlpete this. But here it is:

156601.jpg This Anchor Bay version is great and all but is at $20.

194074.jpg Well this cool 2-pak is only $27. So would Don't Torture a Duckling be worth it for only $7? And is the 2-pak in 2 separate DVD cases?? I know at least it's the same version with the same extras though...I only want gore Fulci stuff but if Don't torture...is good ( and i heard it is ) i guess i should go for the 2-pak for only $7 more.

Thanks everybody for opinions, replys...

So after i'll have those 4 flicks, what i'm i gonna buy? Any ideas, suggestions?

Tanks a lot,

DrunkMantis

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zwolf1

It is kinda a slow board... I would post more, but I hate logging in. Ever since the board went "registered" I don't post unless I'm really in the mood or have some info. In this case, I have some info. :)

I'm betting the City of the Living Dead/Don't Torture A Duckling double-feature will be on one disc, probably double-sided. As far as if Don't Torture a Duckling is worth the extra seven bucks... absolutely! There's no zombies or anything, it's more of a giallo film, and it's not quite as gore-laden as Fulci's later stuff (although there's a very graphic and nasty chain-whipping scene that rivals the one in The Beyond) but it's still a great, dark film, and a lot of people rank it among Fulci's best work. Definitely go for it. :)

And if you like the gore, you may also want to check out New York Ripper. Not Fulci's best work, but plenty of nasty splat. Demonia is also gory, although as a movie it's bad, looks shot on video.

Lizard in a Woman's Skin (more Fulci) should be out now... :)

Guest BuddhasClaspedHandz

my local Virgin \ Tower Records cant keep that DVD in stock .. City of The Living Dead (Gates of Hell) was amazing when i first saw it .. fave scene : when ol' girl vomits her intestines in the truck and the drill thru the temple LOL .. i wish i could have seen it in theaters, i saw it when i was about 8 yrs old on VHS

Guest The Amazing Psycho Per

The only Fulci title I have seen that you didn't mention is Aenigma. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're in the mood for unintentional comedy... The whole thing is pretty ridiculous starting with the theme song wich is pretty awful and cheesy... By the way where did you get The Beyond? That one is tie with Zombie as my favorites Fulcis movies.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Guest Iron_Jinon

demonia is also worth seeing but not on same level as classics here mentioned...hmmm,he made lot spaghetti westerns too I need to check their availability on dvd.fulci was in top#3 of italian directors(mario bava and dario argento are others),may he rot in peace:p

Archived