Kill 'Em All – Raimund Huber(Bangkok Adrenaline), Gordon Liu

blue_skies

I just found out about this movie from the director of Bangkok Adrenaline while browsing IMDB and looking at the actors there seemed to be a lot of martial artist/stuntmen involved and of course Gordon Liu. sounds promising!:xd:

while searching to see if a thread already exists I found that AlbertV had already made a post…

Huber is currently working on his third film, KILL EM ALL, with Gordon Liu, Johnny Messner, Som Amara, Tim Man, and Joe Lewis (yes, the martial arts legend returns)

Albert can you fill me in with regards to Joe Lewis?

emall.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was looking up some information on Joe Lewis for a possible article on the main site on kickboxers who have made the transition from the ring to the screens. When I came across information on Lewis, I read something about Kill Em All on the Epic Pictures website and saw his name mentioned. Here's the official Epic Pictures link:

http://www.epic-pictures.com/detail.aspx?ProjectId=00079652-ec0c-4f8a-88fd-2c31d3acfcdf

Well, I was looking up some information on Joe Lewis for a possible article on the main site on kickboxers who have made the transition from the ring to the screens. When I came across information on Lewis, I read something about Kill Em All on the Epic Pictures website and saw his name mentioned. Here's the official Epic Pictures link:

http://www.epic-pictures.com/detail.aspx?ProjectId=00079652-ec0c-4f8a-88fd-2c31d3acfcdf

good find Albert.

I worked on Kill Em All as second assistant director, I don't know everything about it, but if you have any questions, I would be pleased to answer if I can. The movie will be totally awesome, but you have to wait over a year to find out...:squigglemouth:

Yes, Joe Lewis is in the movie, he worked on it for about 10 days. Great guy, I enjoyed every moment of his company.

I worked on Kill Em All as second assistant director, I don't know everything about it, but if you have any questions, I would be pleased to answer if I can. The movie will be totally awesome, but you have to wait over a year to find out...:squigglemouth:

Yes, Joe Lewis is in the movie, he worked on it for about 10 days. Great guy, I enjoyed every moment of his company.

Ive Met Joe Twice great guy,currently battling Cancer and hoping he makes a full recovery.

Cant wait to see this movie

over a year? Why?:squigglemouth:

hi the dirty Tiger, I have a question or two.:tongue: Is there a lot of martial arts action in the film? Are any of the main characters who fight in the movie unskilled on-screen martial artists? Was there a need for much doubling? Was the fight sequences grounded and was there any wire work? How much wire work was there? how long were the fight sequences before cutting?did you have to film lots of short sequences with only a few moves a piece?was this being filmed as a brutal martial arts movie? Will there be CGI blood added in postproduction? Of the younger new, relatively unknown talent who impressed you the most?basically anything and everything you can tell us about the action/martial arts, would be much appreciated:bigsmile:.

Over a year because Ray said it's due for a December 2012 release. Don't know why.

Is there a lot of martial arts action in the film?

Yes, lots and lots and lots.

Are any of the main characters who fight in the movie unskilled on-screen martial artists?

Yes, Johnny Messner and Som Ammara trained very hard to be in the movie. Everyone else is skilled.

Was there a need for much doubling?

There was a bit of doubling when neccessary, but everyone did as much as they could themselves. We hired most of the stuntmen in Bangkok to get killed.

Was the fight sequences grounded and was there any wire work?

No wirework at all, everything you see is as it was.

How long were the fight sequences before cutting?

Do you mean how many movements in each take ? Well, Ray shoots masters with lots of inserts, so in many takes there were multiple moves, but if edited with the inserts will look like less. I hope the insert shots are kept minimal, but it isn't my decision to make.

Was this being filmed as a brutal martial arts movie?

Yes, it is pretty brutal. Lots of weapons and deaths, at least 100 people got killed, maybe more, I wasn't really counting. We had a few injuries on set too.

Will there be CGI blood added in postproduction?

We used on set blood quite a lot, but I believe some CGI will be added in post production.

Of the younger new, relatively unknown talent who impressed you the most?basically anything and everything you can tell us about the action/martial arts, would be much appreciated.

Tim Man is totally awesome, Braheim has untold skills, Som aquitted herself very well, she trained hard and did so much of it herself, working with the master Gordon Liu was simply a joyous experience. We have German Erik Shuetz who is well experienced and has made many action movies. We have a new British actor called Rasheed who has good skills. And of course Mister Joe Lewis who just kept everyone laughing constantly. Although it is quite low budget, everyone worked hard and it will certainly be very action packed.

Sounds cool! Thanks, thedirtytiger.

Wish we could get more inside scoop like this. 16 months til release? Sheesh. Is that for theatrical or DTV?

Over a year because Ray said it's due for a December 2012 release. Don't know why.

Is there a lot of martial arts action in the film?

Yes, lots and lots and lots.

Are any of the main characters who fight in the movie unskilled on-screen martial artists?

Yes, Johnny Messner and Som Ammara trained very hard to be in the movie. Everyone else is skilled.

Was there a need for much doubling?

There was a bit of doubling when neccessary, but everyone did as much as they could themselves. We hired most of the stuntmen in Bangkok to get killed.

Was the fight sequences grounded and was there any wire work?

No wirework at all, everything you see is as it was.

How long were the fight sequences before cutting?

Do you mean how many movements in each take ? Well, Ray shoots masters with lots of inserts, so in many takes there were multiple moves, but if edited with the inserts will look like less. I hope the insert shots are kept minimal, but it isn't my decision to make.

Was this being filmed as a brutal martial arts movie?

Yes, it is pretty brutal. Lots of weapons and deaths, at least 100 people got killed, maybe more, I wasn't really counting. We had a few injuries on set too.

Will there be CGI blood added in postproduction?

We used on set blood quite a lot, but I believe some CGI will be added in post production.

Of the younger new, relatively unknown talent who impressed you the most?basically anything and everything you can tell us about the action/martial arts, would be much appreciated.

Tim Man is totally awesome, Braheim has untold skills, Som aquitted herself very well, she trained hard and did so much of it herself, working with the master Gordon Liu was simply a joyous experience. We have German Erik Shuetz who is well experienced and has made many action movies. We have a new British actor called Rasheed who has good skills. And of course Mister Joe Lewis who just kept everyone laughing constantly. Although it is quite low budget, everyone worked hard and it will certainly be very action packed.

thanks TDT, you have pretty much sold me, really looking forward to seeing the trailer but December 2012 as the release date?:squigglemouth: That seems an awfully long time before release. I wonder why they chose to sit on this release that long?

for whatever reason it didn't work properly for me. I hope someone posts a You Tube link when it eventually turns up

I was disappointed by Joe Lewis getting wasted in DEATH CAGE. From the looks of it, Lewis gets to show he has not lost a step yet :) Can't wait for it!

And I saw Tim Man's showreel recently on Youtube and he is awesome!!!

CFmml1zZxsk

This is him in training almost a year after suffering a fractured ankle.

wXvPnDvLq1o

Some fight choreography training he did.

Archived